1. Welcome to SportsJournalists.com, a friendly forum for discussing all things sports and journalism.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register for a free account to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Access to private conversations with other members.
    • Fewer ads.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

Do you post your kids' grades on Facebook?

Discussion in 'Anything goes' started by Dick Whitman, Jun 1, 2016.

1. LongTimeListener

LongTimeListener Well-Known Member

Who the hell are you to deny them a vacation, doc?

doctorquant likes this.
  2. doctorquant

doctorquant Well-Known Member

Hey, they wanna do a vacation, we're game. Just email us with the details and an estimate of our (and only our) pro-rata share. #notholdingmybreath

3. Mr. Sunshine

Mr. Sunshine Well-Known Member

I don't really care what people post as long as everything is spelled correctly.

4. Ace

Ace Well-Known Member

So you must really hate Facebook.

YankeeFan likes this.
  5. JohnHammond

JohnHammond Well-Known Member

There is always GoFundMe for vacations and youth baseball. The sad thing is a GoFundMe post by another father at my church to fund one of their kid's activities led to some vitriolic Facebook comments posted by other members of the congregation.

6. Mr. Sunshine

Memes with bad spelling and punctuation are nails-on-the-chalkboard annoying.

7. LongTimeListener

LongTimeListener Well-Known Member

This is a three-for-one right now for me -- I am being inundated on Facebook with fund-raising pitches so a team of 8-year-olds and their families can make their destination trip to some kind of "World Series" in San Diego. No thanks.

YankeeFan likes this.
  8. JohnHammond

JohnHammond Well-Known Member

You would need a heavy dose of Xanax or Ativan if you looked at old_tony or Starman's Facebook feed.

JC likes this.
  9. MisterCreosote

MisterCreosote Well-Known Member

I don't know. Funny enough, I get the same strange sense of amusement from those as I do from the "Get a brain, morans!" guy.

It's when the memes contain information that could easily be debunked with 30 seconds of research that bothers me.

Baron Scicluna likes this.
  10. Mr. Sunshine

Wait, there's something on social media you don't hate?

11. doctorquant

doctorquant Well-Known Member

Oh I've seen that kind of thing. The church kids who're soliciting donations for their mission trip. The youth sports team panhandling to fund a trip to some tournament at Disney World. I don't mind fundraising, mind you. You're doing a car wash, a bake sale, a Bingo night? Count me in. But the simple solicitation of cash? No thankee.

12. MisterCreosote

MisterCreosote Well-Known Member

Don't worry - I won't let it get in the way of my elitism.

Mr. Sunshine likes this.
Draft saved Draft deleted