1. Welcome to SportsJournalists.com, a friendly forum for discussing all things sports and journalism.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register for a free account to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Access to private conversations with other members.
    • Fewer ads.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

do you own a landline?

Discussion in 'Anything goes' started by jps, Mar 12, 2009.

?

do you own a landline phone?

1. yes

37 vote(s)
    48.7%
  2. no

39 vote(s)
    51.3%
  1. Cadet

Cadet Guest

2005 does not make you an early adopter. I've been sans landline since 2001 and was among the last of my friends to have a cell phone.

I've heard you should definitely have a landline if you have kids in the house, since they may not know where the cell phone is (mom's purse? dad's car?) if there's an emergency.

And when cell phone lines get jammed, try texting. It's a different system that's less likely to overload. I've taught both my 60-something parents to text for this reason.

2. imjustagirl

imjustagirl Active Member

I have a landline because it was cheaper to get the triple pack (phone, internet, cable) than just internet and cable. It's free long-distance. So on my three days off, I use my home phone. Therefore, the only time my minutes count on my cell phone is the 10 minutes I commute to work on the two weekdays I work. I was able to REALLY drop my cell phone plan to the basic one.

3. I Should Coco

I Should Coco Well-Known Member

I'm with you, bro. Landline only ... no cell. No need.

4. GB-Hack

GB-Hack Active Member

Yes, because calling Britain from a cell phone is really expensive. Have it over the internet protocol, though, so it's not nearly as expensive as it used to be.

5. Small Town Guy

Small Town Guy Well-Known Member

Do you Skype? For calls made regularly, it's hard to beat. My wife uses it for Cape Town. She used to spend 15 bucks a week on phone cards to be able to talk once a week. Now it's unlimited, free, anytime.

6. tadwriter

tadwriter Member

Have both landline and cell. Like many others, LL is included in my cable package. The main reason I have it is because I can have extensions so I can hear it all over the house. Can't hear the cell unless it is nearby, and I consider it kinda wierd to be walking all around the house in my skivvies with a cell in my hand just so I can catch it if someone calls. I don't like living with a cell attached to my anatomy the way many do.

Draft saved Draft deleted