1. Welcome to SportsJournalists.com, a friendly forum for discussing all things sports and journalism.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register for a free account to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Access to private conversations with other members.
    • Fewer ads.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

do you own a landline?

Discussion in 'Anything goes' started by jps, Mar 12, 2009.

?

do you own a landline phone?

1. yes

37 vote(s)
    48.7%
  2. no

39 vote(s)
    51.3%
  1. Haven't had a landline in probably six or seven years.

2. Football_Bat

Football_Bat Well-Known Member

Landline because of DSL, also. I use satellite so cable is not an option.

Anyone have any good luck with satellite internet? I might ditch the landline/DSL and go that route.

3. Killick

Killick Well-Known Member

Proudly landline-free since 2002. F*ck Cincinnati Bell. Though, I'm a bit of a Luddite at home. No cable, either, since 2001. Insight Communications dicked around getting someone out to see why my cable wasn't working (the third cable problem in eight months), so I told 'em to forget it. Started out as spite, but I soon grew accustomed to it.

4. Tom Petty

Tom Petty Guest

5. StormSurge

StormSurge Active Member

I have a landline, but the phone is never plugged in. Its main purpose is the gateway for the DSL.

6. Billy Monday

Billy Monday Member

Some cable companies make digital land lines so inexpensive ($5-10 per month if you bundle it with cable and Internet) that it's hard to pass up.

7. RossLT

RossLT Guest

That used to drive me insane when I lived at my old place in Oregon. I had to go outside to use the phone.

8. expendable

expendable Well-Known Member

I have both, because the cable is bundled with my internet and phone.

9. Wenders

Wenders Well-Known Member

Just the cell phone. There's no reason to have two phone numbers, even if my mom would prefer it because that way, she knows I'm not dead, but the people who need to know how to get ahold of me have the cell number.

10. 2muchcoffeeman

2muchcoffeeman Well-Known Member

When all the hurricanes tore through Florida (where my family is) a few years ago, the only phones that worked afterward were corded phones plugged into a wall jack.

Good enough reason to keep it now that I'm back in Florida myself.

11. DirtyDeeds

DirtyDeeds Guest

No landline since ?? Been five years or more. Couldn't justify paying almost 100 bucks for phone services. If it was more than just me, I'd probably have a land line, but with cable internet and cell service, I see no need to pay for anything else.

12. mike311gd

mike311gd Active Member

I had one at my last place, but not here. I gave it up for Lent last year, and I'm holding off for Jesus.

Draft saved Draft deleted