1. Welcome to SportsJournalists.com, a friendly forum for discussing all things sports and journalism.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register for a free account to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Access to private conversations with other members.
    • Fewer ads.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

Do you live where you want to live?

Discussion in 'Anything goes' started by STLIrish, Jun 17, 2007.

?

Do you live somewhere you like living?

1. Yes

42 vote(s)
    61.8%
  2. No

26 vote(s)
    38.2%
  1. Kritter47

Kritter47 Member

Hell no. I hate this town.

The job is awesome, the sports are adqeuete, the cost of living is dirt cheap. It's just smack in the middle of BFE, and I've discovered that I can't live in BFE. It makes me crazy.

When I get out of here, I'm so not looking back.

That said, if you like small towns, my town is awesome for that. It's got just enough conveniences to make a big city unnecessary, and it's small enough that it feels and acts like a small town. But as someone who came from cities, it makes me insane.

2. Sxysprtswrtr

Sxysprtswrtr Active Member

Damn skippy. I can't stand the cold, I need my grits and going to the beach is the ocean, not a big ole lake "beach" like ya'll yankees call it.

3. MacDaddy

MacDaddy Active Member

My wife and I moved back "home" about a year ago; we liked the place we left better, but moving here was much better for her career. In a few years we should be able to move back, and for me that day can't come soon enough.

The funny thing is most people assume this move was a good thing for us -- we were moving from the small town to the big city, and back where both of us grew up. But we liked the old place better, and having more space between us and our respective nutty families was also nice.

4. Jones

Jones Active Member

I don't live in Naomi Watts's bagina, so no.

5. lono

lono Active Member

Hmm ... moved in 1984, '85, '88, '91, '92, '94, '96, '97, 2000, '01, '02, '03, '04. ...

Yeah, I like it here just fine. ;D

6. Inky_Wretch

Inky_Wretch Well-Known Member

Since I don't live on Islamorada or 1,000 acres in Colorado with a trout stream running through it, then I'm not living where I want to live.

7. Mighty_Wingman

Mighty_Wingman Active Member

You deserve at least partial credit. Nice work.

8. expendable

expendable Well-Known Member

I like "here," but my ideal "there" is only about 300 miles south.

9. joe

joe Active Member

Dear. Mrs. Jones ...

10. pallister

pallister Guest

My thoughts exactly.

However, I would be less uncomfortbale in NW Arkansas, SE Missouri or Chicago.

11. Angola!

Angola! Guest

I've liked living in Texas so far, just because it is so much different from the Northwest. But in the next year or two I'd really like to move back to the West because living 2,000 miles from your family really sucks and makes it extremely expensive to travel to visit them.

12. westcoastvol

westcoastvol Active Member

I'm sure you could lease out part of Rue McClanahan's.

Draft saved Draft deleted