1. Welcome to SportsJournalists.com, a friendly forum for discussing all things sports and journalism.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register for a free account to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Access to private conversations with other members.
    • Fewer ads.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

Do you live where you want to live?

Discussion in 'Anything goes' started by STLIrish, Jun 17, 2007.

?

Do you live somewhere you like living?

1. Yes

42 vote(s)
    61.8%
  2. No

26 vote(s)
    38.2%
  1. Mystery_Meat

Mystery_Meat Guest

I've lived my whole life in one state. If I don't get the job for which I'm a longshot in the coming months, I'm thinking seriously about going somewhere completely out of the blue and hitting the reset button on my stagnant career/life. Whether it'd do any good is another topic for another thread, but I love to travel and I rarely leave the state. It's like a Twilight Zone episode set in Blaine or Arlen or Failtown.

2. John

John Well-Known Member

Same here. I worked for my hometown paper for more than two years, but the low pay eventually forced me to leave.

3. Double J

Double J Active Member

So there's no chance of getting you to come North?? :D

4. rokski2

rokski2 New Member

To answer the title of the thread question: Not just no, f*ck no. And once I do leave here, I will never return here.

That said, I have learned a lot and grown a lot personally from being here, and I wouldn't trade my time here for anything. But like med school residency, you would never go back for anything.

5. slappy4428

slappy4428 Active Member

OUTING ALERT: John is really Eb Dawson.

6. John

John Well-Known Member

Hey, no outing! (Who the fuck is Eb Dawson?)

7. slappy4428

slappy4428 Active Member

[​IMG]

8. stan_solo

stan_solo New Member

Outside. That damned SC says that since she hacked my claws off, I have to live inside. If she'd let me live outside, I'd at least catch a squirrel or two.

9. writing irish

writing irish Active Member

Fuck no, I'm not living where I want to be living. I want to live in a Moorish house set in a grove of oaks on top of a cliff in the Algarve. There, I write occasional foreign policy-analysis pieces for a English-language online journal, but mainly I frolic with a dark beauty named Teresinha. By day, we read, take bicycle rides and trade massages. By night, we eat bread and olives, drink red wine and fornicate.

But, they're not hiring in Portugal at the moment, so I'm in Texas.

10. Bubbler

Bubbler Well-Known Member

Dude, you've watched F Is For Fake one too many times.

To my shock and awe, I very much enjoy where I live.

11. writing irish

writing irish Active Member

I'm not much of a movie guy, so I had to google "F is for Fake."
    One of the hits was NSFW. ;D

12. Editude

Editude Active Member

At my previous stop, several staffers seemed to be right where they wanted to be. It wasn't really for me, but it was nice to see so many enjoy their jobs and their area.

Draft saved Draft deleted