1. Welcome to SportsJournalists.com, a friendly forum for discussing all things sports and journalism.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register for a free account to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Access to private conversations with other members.
    • Fewer ads.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

Do you like spoilers?

Discussion in 'Anything goes' started by outofplace, Jul 2, 2012.

1. Dick Whitman

Dick Whitman Well-Known Member

I'm sure it was humorous from the outside. I was absolutely livid, particularly since people didn't understand why I was mad.

"Why is Dick mad because there was a spoiler on a thread about a show that has been off the air for three years?"

Well, I specifically asked a question about Season 2, which I had seen, and asked the person I asked to keep in mind that I hadn't seen Season 5.

And asshole jumps in and posts a huge spoiler, just to spite me.

Man, it still fucking burns me to ashes thinking about it.

2. JC

JC Well-Known Member

So did I, it was a dick move but was funny as hell

3. Buck

Buck Well-Known Member

If you like them and they don't ruin your enjoyment, then they aren't spoilers.

4. Wenders

Wenders Well-Known Member

I don't mind spoilers because honestly, there are worst things that could happen to you than finding out a plot point in a TV show or movie before you see it.

I did once accidentally stumble across a site that had almost frame-by-frame of Revenge of the Sith online with half the script two weeks before it came out in theaters. Had no idea what I was looking at until about halfway through it.

5. Versatile

Versatile Active Member

That seems like pretty absurd justification for anything. Oh, stop crying that your house burned down. You could have been raped and murdered.

6. EStreetJoe

EStreetJoe Well-Known Member

I love spoilers when they knock teams I don't like out of a tournament or playoff contention. Hate them when they do that to my team(s).

In terms of movie spoilers, I don't want to know the ending or key plot points, so I don't care for them.

7. Brian

Brian Well-Known Member

Tangent:

I have a dilemma with spoilers on sporting events on MLB and NBA's online on-demand games. You can turn off the scores so you don't know who won, but I want to know if the game was close so I don't waste three hours watching a blowout. But I don't want to know who won or the score. I wish they had a little box in red lettering that said essentially: This was a good game, it's worth your time to watch.

8. nmmetsfan

nmmetsfan Active Member

Only on certain cars. I heard about a minivan with a spoiler and thought "what's the point?" Some things make no sense.

9. KYSportsWriter

KYSportsWriter Well-Known Member

The one spoiler I remember reading about 24 was the silent clock for one of the main characters' death. But that was the season they used two or three -- IIRC -- silent clocks, so it lost its impact.

10. PCLoadLetter

PCLoadLetter Well-Known Member

Wasn't all that funny to me. I was in the middle of season 4 on the DVDs when I read that thread. Pissed me off, too.

11. Mizzougrad96

Mizzougrad96 Active Member

Can someone provide a link to the thread in question. It sounds entertaining.

I remember someone made reference to it to me on a thread about House when I said that I stopped watching after Kumar killed himself and someone screamed at me and then the next thing I knew, I had 10 PMs telling me it was in reference to Dick's battle with someone...

12. PCLoadLetter

PCLoadLetter Well-Known Member

It's the thread on "The Wire." Chris L found out Dick hadn't seen the whole series yet, so he rattled off every possible spoiler from the last couple of seasons just to be a prick.

Draft saved Draft deleted