1. Welcome to SportsJournalists.com, a friendly forum for discussing all things sports and journalism.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register for a free account to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Access to private conversations with other members.
    • Fewer ads.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

Do you kiss with your eyes open or closed?

Discussion in 'Anything goes' started by The Big Ragu, Mar 6, 2009.

1. The Big Ragu

The Big Ragu Moderator Staff Member

I just had a ridiculous conversation with a woman friend. We were talking about kissing, and whether it is "normal" to kiss with your eyes closed or open. It turns out I kiss with my eyes closed (at least most of the time), although I never thought about it until she just brought it up. She told me that is "normal."

There is a guy she used to date who she absolutely can't stand, to the point where she has a venomous obsession with him, even though they broke up years ago. It was ugly and he is a bit of a psycho.

We were talking about the kissing thing and she said that one time she was kissing that guy, and she happened to open her eyes and he was staring at her. She said it freaked her out, and she started to tell me how abnormal he was for kissing with his eyes open. I didn't see the big deal.

I told her I'd be freaked out if I opened my eyes while we were kissing and she was staring back at me like Lizzie Borden. But if she just happens to kiss with her eyes open, I didn't see the big deal.

So I am bringing it here to see what y'all have to say, because these mundane things also sometimes start weird threads that go on good tangents:
    1) Do you kiss with your eyes open or closed?
    2) If you kiss with your eyes closed (which I think is "normal"), would it freak you out if you were kissing someone and you happened to notice that he or she was kissing you with his or her eyes open?

2. JakeandElwood

JakeandElwood Well-Known Member

1. Closed
    2. Probably

3. HejiraHenry

HejiraHenry Well-Known Member

Depends on the kiss, I think.

For a kiss, they're closed.

4. 93Devil

93Devil Well-Known Member

We have officially run out of random thread topics.

1. Closed, but every once in a while I will open them.
    2. Maybe, but it would not be a deal breaker.

I guess we men kiss with our eyes closed because we can't look down a woman's shirt from that vantage point.

5. Captain_Kirk

Captain_Kirk Well-Known Member

Depends on what I'm kissing.

6. Ace

Ace Well-Known Member

Eyes closed, except for when I need to glance at my watch or update my facebook status.

7. Diabeetus

Diabeetus Active Member

1. Usually closed
    2. Not really...it usually makes me laugh if I look and the other guy is looking, too.

8. The Big Ragu

This came up in the conversation! We were talking about a kiss, which she distinguished from baby kisses.

9. imjustagirl

imjustagirl Active Member

Closed and yes.

10. Angola!

Angola! Guest

I wonder how Roger Federer kisses?

1. Depends on the type of kiss
    2. Probably not

11. The Big Ragu

Probably with some top spin.

12. Killick

Killick Well-Known Member

I had an eyes-open gal once. It was a little disconcerting, believe me. Took me a little while to figure out she was an eyes-open girl, though. At first, just figured she'd opened her eyes first. By the time I wondered, then checked, we were winding down already anyway. Didn't even bring the topic up.

Draft saved Draft deleted