1. Welcome to SportsJournalists.com, a friendly forum for discussing all things sports and journalism.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register for a free account to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Access to private conversations with other members.
    • Fewer ads.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

do you have a will?

Discussion in 'Anything goes' started by leo1, May 28, 2007.

1. I don't have one. I don't really see the need as nothing will be left when Ragnarok occurs.

2. Moderator1

Moderator1 Moderator Staff Member

I don't. I should. Though I don't really have much and I want the wife and kids to get it all anyway. Except for two pieces of jewelry that belonged to my dad. I want my brothers to have them.

3. I don't have a will but I am planning to do one soon. I saw that Quicken has a will program. Anyone know anything about it?
    I do have life insurance and I will always have that. My father-in-law passed away without it a few years ago and it REALLY left his wife in a bind.
    Under no circumstance will I ever do that to my family. The most important thing that I can do for the rest of my life is to make sure that my family is taken care of. Even if I have to give up a few things to make that monthly payment, it will ALWAYS be paid.
    I would encourage the rest of you to take that attitude. You'll feel better about yourself and your family's future when you do.
    Now I just need to get the will taken care of...

4. Sam Mills 51

Sam Mills 51 Well-Known Member

The only way I'm playing is at middle linebacker. Period. :D

5. Clever username

Clever username Active Member

leo1, are you just trying to drum up some business? :)

And sportschick can have my Batman T-shirt.

6. 93Devil

93Devil Well-Known Member

As soon as I got hitched we got one.

7. three_bags_full

three_bags_full Well-Known Member

I have one. Uncle Sugar made sure of that looong ago.

Ladies and gentlemen, if you're married or have children. You MUST have a will AND insurance. Please. Take care of your families.

8. Won't my wife just automatically take over my estate? It's probably a good idea. We did ask someone to take care of our daughter in case something were to happen to both of us but I think we've since changed our minds. We might want to get that down in writing. :)

9. pallister

pallister Guest

Nothing much to give, no one to give it to.

10. farmerjerome

farmerjerome Active Member

I don't have a will, but I believe that Dr. J inherits all my debt.

11. Cadet

Cadet Guest

If you have a kid, you need a will. Period.

I also agree with Micro's thing about a living trust. If you have elderly parents, consider establishing a trust that passes from them to you (or all their children) upon their death. You avoid probate on the estate.

12. MacDaddy

MacDaddy Active Member

My attorney said there's no need for a will until we have kids. As for life insurance, if your death would cause financial hardship for someone it's a must but otherwise unnecessary.

Draft saved Draft deleted