1. Welcome to SportsJournalists.com, a friendly forum for discussing all things sports and journalism.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register for a free account to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Access to private conversations with other members.
    • Fewer ads.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

Do you Google yourself?

Discussion in 'Anything goes' started by HandsomeHarley, Aug 25, 2007.

?

Do you Google yourself?

1. Yes

61 vote(s)
    95.3%
  2. No

3 vote(s)
    4.7%
  1. Huggy

Huggy Well-Known Member

I have a very unique name and the only entries are stories I have done for the web as well as the results of an online CART racing pool I was in years ago. No photos.

My middle brother is a British politician and rugby star.

My son shows up in one entry, when he was listed in the roster in the local paper when his team won the city t-ball title last year.

2. D-Backs Hack

D-Backs Hack Guest

There evidently was a soccer star at my hometown high school in recent years who shared my name. It's also my father's name, so good ol' MHS had a star in the car club in the 1960's and a soccer stud in the 2000's with the same name.

And yes, I also Google my name to monitor blog activity related to things I've written.

3. Piotr Rasputin

Piotr Rasputin New Member

I'm apparently a computer genius. a student at three different universities, and a guy who did voices for animated productions back in the day.

I was on the swim team in college, and have been a musician and a college basketball coach.

Aw, real life is so boring by comparison.

4. Bob Cook

Bob Cook Active Member

I have as close to a Google-proof name as anybody.

Although when readers want to tell me what a dick I am, they are amazingly skilled at using Google to figure out how to find my email address.

5. Idaho

Idaho Active Member

Only in the shower.

6. audreyld

audreyld Guest

Mostly I only find results that are actually me, but a couple of them are for some woman who works at some company.

I e-mailed her once, but she never responded.

I was sad.

7. Songbird

Songbird Well-Known Member

Once a night. Sometimes twice.

8. Johnny Dangerously

Johnny Dangerously Well-Known Member

Google says I'm a sheriff in a northern state, but I also got arrested on drug charges in a western state because of my own dumbassery.

9. ARD

ARD Member

I'm an accomplished marathoner out West. Also a fitness trainer. Trust me; the irony is overwhelming. And since either of my names could be a first or last name, I get a lot of reversals in there, too. ... But pre-Google, I discovered several years ago that I share a name with a columnist who writes about international issues at a major paper. He's definitely had cooler travel destinations for work than I have.

10. spup1122

spup1122 Guest

And this is news? Kidding! :)

11. HejiraHenry

HejiraHenry Well-Known Member

Sorry, Google doesn't know enough about hejira henry yet.

but ... when I put my real name in, this is one of the lines I get:

(hejira henry) is one of those men who doesn't cry.

12. PCLoadLetter

PCLoadLetter Well-Known Member

I'm a "tarot master," a house painter in New Zealand, a massage therapist in Australia, a rugby player in England, and I've just had my sentence overturned in Wales.

Draft saved Draft deleted