1. Welcome to SportsJournalists.com, a friendly forum for discussing all things sports and journalism.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register for a free account to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Access to private conversations with other members.
    • Fewer ads.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

Do you go to church regularly?

Discussion in 'Anything goes' started by Captain_Kirk, Jan 22, 2010.

?

Do you go to Church?

1. Yes, every week

16.2%
  2. Yes, most of the time

21.2%
  3. Rarely

17.2%
  4. Christmas and Easter only

11.1%
  5. Never

32.3%
  6. I haven't seen the inside of a church since I was baptized

2.0%
  1. Lugnuts

Lugnuts Well-Known Member

Sometimes... but that's not it. I'm just not your biggest fan.

Last edited by a moderator: Jan 1, 2015
  2. The Big Ragu

The Big Ragu Moderator Staff Member

Love they neighbor as yourself, Luggie.

3. Buck

Buck Well-Known Member

I was just joshing.

4. The Big Ragu

The Big Ragu Moderator Staff Member

To late. You already pissed off God.

5. Mizzougrad96

Mizzougrad96 Active Member

Most weeks. I'd say we miss about once every two months.

6. JackReacher

JackReacher Well-Known Member

Awwww. Now, MY feelings are hurt. :'(

I'm with John. My wedding wasn't at a church (wasn't even considered, actually) and my funeral won't be, either.

Last edited by a moderator: Jan 1, 2015
  7. TrooperBari

TrooperBari Well-Known Member

Last house of worship I set foot in was a mosque, one year ago for a wedding. Before that, my mom's second marriage, which was about 10 years ago. Can't even remember the last religious service I attended.

I have nothing against religion, provided its practice does not adversely affect the lives of others. I just prefer to deal with the here and now.

8. I Should Coco

I Should Coco Well-Known Member

Yes, I go to Mass at our local Catholic parish each Sunday. I'm also part of our parish's outreach commission (collecting clothes, food, working with the homeless shelter, etc.).

But as a rule, in every newsroom I've worked, I've kept my faith to myself. I enjoy going to church and the good things we Catholics TRY to do, but I think religion is something people need to discover/decide for themselves.

9. Beef03

Beef03 Active Member

I go just about every week, but due to working a night shift (Wed.-Sun.) and sleeping problems there is the odd Sunday where getting up at 9:45 a.m. to get ready is just not happening. Would also like to be more involved but the schedule gets in the way.

As I posted on the other thread, my dad is a minisiter so I grew up going every Sunday, forced to sing in youth choirs and when I got older the regular choir with a bunch of 60 and 70 year-old ladies, play my trumpet during certain sundays, and so on. When I graduated high school and went away for college the only time I went to church is when I was back home visiting, other than that I went probably 3 1/2 years without going, seeing if it made a difference in my life and it did and not so much for the better. Was eventually encouraged to start going to a church by one of my coworkers at my first stop and I enjoy it now much more than when I was young and didn't have an option.

10. Steak Snabler

Steak Snabler Well-Known Member

No, unless I'm trying to woo a woman who does. Other than that, just for weddings and funerals.

11. Blitz

Blitz Active Member

I go as often as I can, with travel impeding me the most.
    I never sleep in and miss church intentionally.
    There is a higher power and creator, I believe, and I enjoy praising and giving thanks to that entity.
    I call him "God" but respect others' right to call him whatever they do.
    Going to church (about 99 percent of the time) makes me feel good, and better about life.
    After being raised in a Methodist church, I now attend Episcopalian services.

12. micropolitan guy

micropolitan guy Well-Known Member

No. Except for weddings and funerals, this fallen Methodist who intends to remain fallen has not been to an organized service since I was 13 or so.

OTOH, I would have no problem sending my child to a private Catholic school if the Microville public school system was bad (which it's not), were one available.

Draft saved Draft deleted