1. Welcome to SportsJournalists.com, a friendly forum for discussing all things sports and journalism.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register for a free account to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Access to private conversations with other members.
    • Fewer ads.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

Do you feel odd around writers who crank stuff out?

Discussion in 'Journalism topics only' started by Pringle, Mar 7, 2007.

1. leo1

leo1 Active Member

2. Ace

Ace Well-Known Member

No one doubted that you were cranky, shot.

3. shotglass

shotglass Guest

I'm not cranky. I crank. ;)

4. MartinEnigmatica

MartinEnigmatica Active Member

I'll echo who shotglass said...It really depends what's going on. If you have a number of things to get out after getting into the office at 6 (post interviews, and things like that), you gotta see what the SE or desk wants first to lay out. I spend way too much time thinking about crafting my sentences that, if left to my own devices, I'd go through four drafts for something 15 inches long. But if I get into the office at 6 after an interview and have three things to do, one of them being a 15-inch feature, that baby's sliding out like it's oiled.

5. buckweaver

buckweaver Active Member

I have always known myself to be one of the most calmest people around in the face of chaos. And I take pride in that.

It bugs me when people freak out because of deadline stress -- as I'm sure it bugs them because I specifically don't freak out.

6. shotglass

shotglass Guest

See, that's why my thing is to turn out as much work as I can BEFORE 7 p.m. Because I like nothing better, and feel like I'm reaching max productivity, when I can reach a point between 9 and 9:30 when I'm sitting there saying, "OK, that's all I can do. Bring on the live stuff."

If I'm doing something at 10 p.m. which I could have done at 6, it does not feel right.

7. buckweaver

buckweaver Active Member

Procrastination: not a behavior; a philosophy for life. :D

Draft saved Draft deleted