1. Welcome to SportsJournalists.com, a friendly forum for discussing all things sports and journalism.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register for a free account to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Access to private conversations with other members.
    • Fewer ads.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

Do you ever think about your first?

Discussion in 'Anything goes' started by mike311gd, Apr 2, 2008.

1. forever_town

forever_town Well-Known Member

I can't ruin her rep any more than you've ruined your own.

2. mike311gd

mike311gd Active Member

Those are the best e-mails, aren't they? I still get them sometimes.

3. mike311gd

mike311gd Active Member

Touche, my friend. Touche.

4. KYSportsWriter

KYSportsWriter Well-Known Member

I just remembered one of the fucking stupid things Whitney and I fought about that did us in.

She wanted to go see the dreadful shark movie "Open Water," or whatever the fuck it was called and I didn't. I forget what else came out around that time, but anything had to be better than that damn shit-fest of a movie.

We didn't talk or anything during or after the movie, and when she left she got in her car with her roommate Sara without saying a damn word to me and left me in Lexington by myself. At the time I didn't know my way around that fair city, but I spent about two hours just driving around downtown and different places. I had much more fun than I would have if I had gone with Whitney to her dorm, where we surely would have fought with each other until the fucking cows came home.

And I still don't know what I did to piss her off that night ... besides, ya know, not wanting to watch a shitty movie.

5. Rumpleforeskin

Rumpleforeskin Active Member

You should delete them right as they come in. They make you weak.

6. KYSportsWriter

Don't worry, dude. I deleted it the second I logged in to Facebook that day.

7. Rumpleforeskin

Rumpleforeskin Active Member

That's a good man.

8. KYSportsWriter

Damn straight.

9. expendable

expendable Well-Known Member

I don't know. If you're truly strong enough (and not otherwise attached) it could be fun to fuck with her a little.

10. KYSportsWriter

We've talked a few times on facebook since that email, but it's never been more than "hi, how are you?" "fine, thanks" ...

11. novelist_wannabe

novelist_wannabe Well-Known Member

I don't remember any crush before seventh grade. This girl who was two years younger than me rode the same school bus. I'd call her and once I went to her house but I was too afraid to ring the doorbell. When we were older and I started driving, she rode to school with me, but we were never "going together." Her family and mine became friends through church, and I remember her mom telling me they knew I was outside their house that day, and that if I had run the doorbell they'd have let me in and fed me brownies.

She's twice married now with two kids, and still hot.

12. outofplace

outofplace Well-Known Member

Funny, I just discovered facebook about a month ago and I've reconnected with a couple of former crushes, for lack of a better word.

One is a good friend who I had lost touch with the last couple of years. When we met in college, she was dating a buddy of mine. They broke up right before she went home for the summer break, and it suddenly dawned on me that I was a lot happier about them not being together any more than I should've been.

She came in to town once over the summer with some guy she was dating, but insisted he'd be gone by the fall. September rolled around and we went to lunch to catch up. Of course, she and that guy were still together (as they would be for about three more years). I remember being amazed that she didn't notice the expression on my face. I'm sure I didn't hide my disappointment well. Maybe she just felt it was better not to talk about it.

We settled back into just being friends and when I met Mrs. OOP about a year later, they actually became very close as well. She's married with three daughters now and we're talking about getting the families together next time she's in the area.

The other one? Well, I think the occasional hello on Facebook is more than enough. :)

Draft saved Draft deleted