1. Welcome to SportsJournalists.com, a friendly forum for discussing all things sports and journalism.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register for a free account to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Access to private conversations with other members.
    • Fewer ads.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

Do you ever think about your first?

Discussion in 'Anything goes' started by mike311gd, Apr 2, 2008.

1. Clever username

Clever username Active Member

It was too easy. I changed two letters. I think he left it that way on purpose. "God, I loved Kim" after already having been given the name was awkward. "God, I loved her" would have been more appropriate. He knew what he was doing.

And if not, I really need to stop reading into people's syntax on a message board.

2. mike311gd

mike311gd Active Member

I'd be sure to use an alias if I had that story. Thankfully, for all of us, I don't.

3. Tom Petty

Tom Petty Guest

sonuvabitches. last time i open my heart on SportsJournalists.com.

4. old_tony

old_tony Well-Known Member

My first crush I guess was my first girlfriend, too. The summer I turned 12 was our first summer in a house we'd moved to in December. She lived four houses away and was a year younger than me. Her brother was my age and we were friends in a pretty good sized group in the neighborhood. Word got back to me that Sandy liked me and the pressure kept being put to me. "Do you like her?" I didn't at first but finally relented. We became an item that summer and lasted nearly a year. Such innocent times.

Getting to first base back then was holding hands. Second base was putting your arm around her. Kissing was the home run. I guess there really was no third base -- maybe hugging. Such innocent times. Really, The Wonder Years.

We went on one date a few years later when I was a sophomore in high school and she a freshman. Went to see Jaws.

She married and still lives in that part of town somewhere. I ran into her a few years ago at a big summer festival in our hometown. I don't know that I find her that attractive now -- haven't seen her enough to really think about it -- but that summer, fall and winter of 72-73 was just amazing. We were really deeply in ... for that age, I guess, infatuation.

Wow, that was fun to remember.

5. forever_town

forever_town Well-Known Member

Good thing I read your original post. Otherwise, I wouldn't have thought it was just some douchenozzle fucking with you.

6. BYH

BYH Active Member

[​IMG]

Tony, left, with Sandy. :D :D :D

7. old_tony

old_tony Well-Known Member

That really brought a smile to my face. :D :D :D indeed.

8. Rumpleforeskin

Rumpleforeskin Active Member

I really don't think about my first crush all that much, since I really didn't have one. But, if I had to pick one, it would be a girl named Stephanie. I was in third grade and she had the same color hair as I. I always enjoyed talking to her when I did, and my sister was great friends with her, so she was always over at my house. We went out separate ways from 4th-8th grade, but she went to my high school and grew up well. She's now engaged.

9. mike311gd

mike311gd Active Member

Sandy was a heck of a field hockey player, I heard.

10. forever_town

forever_town Well-Known Member

Plus, she gets laid.

11. KYSportsWriter

KYSportsWriter Well-Known Member

I never dated throughout school. I was a young fucking stud in high school, but I was still single dammit.

I didn't date anyone until I was 19. That's when Whitney came along. I had a profile on a dating site back then and she somehow figured out the name of the paper I write for. She wound up e-mailing Central-KY-Kid thinking I was him. I came in one day and he asked me if I knew who it was that e-mailed him. I said no, but out of curiosity I e-mailed her back.

We hit it off and became really close over the next few weeks. We finally agreed to meet for dinner in Lexington on a Friday. We went to Outback Steakhouse (I believe) with one of her friends and her boyfriend, then we went to her dorm to watch a few movies.

I left around 1 that night (I guess I should mention I had Never Been Kissed at this juncture ... but that's a whole nother story), and as we were in the elevator I leaned in for that first kiss. My God, it was fucking awkward and I really had no fucking clue what I was doing. It kind of caught the both of us by surprise because I almost chickened out.

She walked with me out to my car and I kissed her again; this time it was a much better kiss and it was as if fireworks were going off around us. And yeah, I know that's cliche and all ...

We dated for seven or eight months before she broke it off. I remember we had been fighting a lot in the last few weeks (and about the most stupid shit, too) we were together and there was no way to reconcile anything. She broke up with me one night after I got off work and I was driving home. I nearly ran off the fucking road because I was so pissed.

I eventually moved to Lexington and worked in Frankfort, where Whitney is from. Even then we never talked ... until she looked me up on Facebook one day. She e-mailed me saying she was sorry for treating me like shit and that she wishes she could take it all back.

12. mike311gd

mike311gd Active Member

Don't ruin her rep.

Draft saved Draft deleted