1. Welcome to SportsJournalists.com, a friendly forum for discussing all things sports and journalism.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register for a free account to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Access to private conversations with other members.
    • Fewer ads.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

Do you ever miss school?

Discussion in 'Anything goes' started by 85bears, Aug 16, 2006.

1. alleyallen

alleyallen Guest

Never got to go to college ... I was doing the military thing after high school, but I do miss my early military days (read prior to Desert Shield/Storm) when all I had to do was pick up cigarette butts, sweep floors and stay out of trouble. Easy, fun days.

2. jgmacg

jgmacg Guest

Expected answer not given so far to the question "Do you ever miss school,"

"Yes, I missed it this morning and now I have to get a note from my mom."

Expected response not yet given to cockdian:

"Even with four tries you wouldn't get it right."

3. RAMBO

RAMBO Member

Hello no.

4. Idaho

Idaho Active Member

That, folks, is the new record for longest post without misspelling any words (without the use of cutting and pasting) by cockdian.

5. Flash

Flash Guest

Are you sure he didn't mean 'hell no'?

6. Do I ever miss school?
    Just about every day I can do so without getting in trouble.

7. Flash

Flash Guest

He only gets three tries up here.

8. Bubbler

Bubbler Well-Known Member

First of all, I don't miss the school part of school a bit, though I would love to get my history masters and doctorate some day. Just not now.

And I also have the recurring missed exam dream, almost always in a presentation in front of the class, and at best, I'm in no more than underwear, and it freaks me out.

Just wondering, but for those of who have those dreams, does a cartoon Alligator, kind of Wally Gator-ish, but drawn more like he should be on Dora The Explorer, pop out of nowhere during your emasculation and say, "Look, his package is wackage!" Followed by the sound effect from Pacman when Pacman dies, followed by endless laughter?

Then, does a Minotaur burst in the classroom in your dream and scream, "Bring me his head! He stole my Smurfberry Crunch!" followed by the head from terrible 70s Sean Connery movie Zardoz crashing through the ceiling bellowing in a low voice only a mountain-sized head can bellow, "I bring forth weapons and Dionysian morals!" whereupon lasers from the head shoot female co-eds, turning them into the writhing, nympho-lesbians that appeared in that very movie, while the crazed male co-eds and Minotaur savage me looking for Smurfberry Crunch?

You guys ever have that one? I might have embellished some of the details, but I was just wondering ...

9. PopeDirkBenedict

PopeDirkBenedict Active Member

The cartoon alligator always tries to sell me high quality meth while dressing up like Robocop as I am fellated by a being that has my high school Spanish teacher's head and my college advisors body.

10. Ashy Larry

Ashy Larry Active Member

I'm thinking about starting a fraternity with some of the guys from work......you guys want in?

11. JackS

JackS Member

It depends. I certainly don't miss the classes I didn't give a damn about...grad school was better in that regard because you're essentially taking all classes in your specialty without any of the other required courses. Plus, now I can just read books that interest me and none that don't.

But I do miss playing hoops every day instead of just once or twice a week.

12. three_bags_full

three_bags_full Well-Known Member

I don't miss the classes. Fuck, I get to start a whole new round on Monday. :-\

Draft saved Draft deleted