1. Welcome to SportsJournalists.com, a friendly forum for discussing all things sports and journalism.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register for a free account to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Access to private conversations with other members.
    • Fewer ads.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

Do you ever miss school?

Discussion in 'Anything goes' started by 85bears, Aug 16, 2006.

1. doubledown68

doubledown68 Active Member

I'm glad I'm not the only one with those dreams. I about once every three months I'll wake up thinking I have to take a final, only for some reason I always skipped the class. Then it takes five minutes to clear out the cobwebs and realize I'm a moron.

I miss the lifestyle. I miss pick up basketball three or four nights a week with friends. I miss a multitude of restaurants with food as good as it is inexpensive. But mostly, I miss the critique. I hardly get any feedback on what I write since I graduated, unless someone tells me I made a mistake.

But I don't miss the classrooms one damn bit.

2. slappy4428

slappy4428 Active Member

Your ride is here

[​IMG]

3. 85bears

85bears Member

Yeah, I think that's what I miss most, too - the black-and-white knowledge of how well or poorly you performed.

4. RAMBO

RAMBO Member

And no I am not doing that job I play DE baby.

5. Beef03

Beef03 Active Member

Do i miss school? fuck no. hated every minute I was there.

6. RAMBO

RAMBO Member

Naw I drive to school.

7. spup1122

spup1122 Guest

Yeah, see how long Flash lets you call her baby, retard.

8. RAMBO

RAMBO Member

I wasn't calling her baby you idiot.

9. Flash

Flash Guest

The COCKDIAN-mobile ...

[​IMG]

... baby.

10. Flash

Flash Guest

Actually, he's right. He wasn't calling me 'baby.' In order for him to have called 'baby,' he would have placed a comma after DE. Instead, he wrote that he was playing 'DE baby.'
    Now, is the position 'DE baby' anything like the position 'prison bitch?'

11. Smallpotatoes

Smallpotatoes Well-Known Member

Sometimes I wonder how I ever graduated. I received OK grades, but not great ones, about a B-minus in high school and college. I was very good in some subjects, awful in others. I never failed a course, but came pretty close a few times.
    The thing I always hated were the college textbooks with the really long 30-50-page chapters. My mind always started to wander after about seven or eight pages. If I were a kid today, I'd probably be on Ritalin.
    I regret that I didn't study more and that I wasn't more focused.

12. novelist_wannabe

novelist_wannabe Well-Known Member

Nope. I've got perfect attendance, and I've worked too hard to keep it.

Draft saved Draft deleted