1. Welcome to SportsJournalists.com, a friendly forum for discussing all things sports and journalism.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register for a free account to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Access to private conversations with other members.
    • Fewer ads.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

Do you ever miss school?

Discussion in 'Anything goes' started by 85bears, Aug 16, 2006.

1. Flash

Flash Guest

That's some high quality H20. [/COCKDIAN]

2. slappy4428

slappy4428 Active Member

I laughed out loud at that

3. MU_was_not_so_hard

MU_was_not_so_hard Active Member

Seven years got it all out of my system. Every bit of it.

4. John

John Well-Known Member

I miss it all the time.

I miss learning so many new things, intelligent discussions, walking through a beautiful campus to get to class.

5. slappy4428

slappy4428 Active Member

As the great sports-kicked-to-the-curb-to-be-cops-writer John Barton once said of Ann Arbor:

"Days like this are best spent on the Diag; eating your packed lunch and just watching the young coeds pass you by"

6. leo1

leo1 Active Member

i went to law school almost 10 years after graduating from college. it wasn't because i missed it but once i got to law school and realized that this time around it was different than college - because i had some of the adult responsibilities that i didn't have in college - but i definitely miss college. i sure as hell don't miss high school though.

7. Cadet

Cadet Guest

I do miss school. I was good at it.

8. 21

21 Well-Known Member

I still have nightmares about missing exams, or the school sending me a letter informing me my degree is being revoked due to complete lack of attendance.  

Loved the college life, but not nearly as much as I love getting paid.

9. cranberry

cranberry Well-Known Member

I have a recurring nightmare where I wake up to find out that I've missed the deadline to drop a class that I've been skipping all semester.

10. BYH

BYH Active Member

I still have the dream that it's the end of the semester, I haven't attended a particular class once and I have no idea how I'm going to bullshit my way into passing. I wake up with my heart racing every single time.

Not coincidentally, whenever I have that dream, I'm running late on an assignment.

As for missing college, if you're going to disregard the drinking, the partying, the socializing, the future-is-limitless optimism of being 20 years old and the glorious feeling of living on your own while your parents foot most of the bill...nope, don't miss it at all.

11. cougargirl

cougargirl Active Member

There are aspects of college life I definitely miss. Having not to worry about cooking or cleaning, for one. The ability to schedule classes between 11 a.m. and 3 p.m. Monday through Thursday. Knowing I'd always have a party or social outing waiting to be attended.

12. Trey Beamon

Trey Beamon Active Member

Better start running now...

[​IMG]

Draft saved Draft deleted