1. Welcome to SportsJournalists.com, a friendly forum for discussing all things sports and journalism.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register for a free account to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Access to private conversations with other members.
    • Fewer ads.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

Do you ever miss school?

Discussion in 'Anything goes' started by 85bears, Aug 16, 2006.

1. 85bears

85bears Member

Not the beer bonging, bar-hopping, pot-smoking and frequent casual sex. Of course we all miss that.

But saw kids start to saunter around today at the local university today and thought, "Damn, crazy as it sounds, I'd rather be going to a discussion on Kant or turning in a paper this morning than sticking a tape recorder in someone's face and pitching a story to my editor."

Maybe I miss getting grades, I don't know. Or learning something beyond the team's two-deep as my primary occupation every day.

2. RAMBO

RAMBO Member

I sure as hell miss school.

3. dooley_womack1

dooley_womack1 Well-Known Member

Don't worry, eighth grade will start up in a couple weeks.

4. poindexter

poindexter Well-Known Member

Carrying a mop and cleaning up the boy's bathroom and gym from 10:00 pm to 6:00 am isn't "school".

5. shockey

shockey Active Member

not for a single second. :eek: :eek: :eek:

6. shotglass

shotglass Guest

I'm hearing you. Actually, I think I would have gotten more out of some of the courses I blew off if I knew then what I know now.

(And I DEFINITELY would have gotten more out of my free time if I knew then what I know now.)

7. RAMBO

RAMBO Member

No thats not what I am talking about I will be a Junior in High School.

8. RAMBO

RAMBO Member

High School football we are going to take state this year.

9. BTExpress

BTExpress Well-Known Member

Let's see. Junior year of college . . .

took an overload of course hours . . . worked 30 hours a week part-time at the city's newspaper . . . wondered and worried if there would be a place for me at the local paper when I graduated in a year (turns out there wasn't) . . . lived paycheck to paycheck . . . had to borrow money once to get my car back after it was towed and impounded for an unpaid parking ticket . . . was tired ALL the time . . . one time I even fell asleep getting a fucking haircut . . .

No, don't miss it at all.

10. jagtrader

jagtrader Active Member

Sadly, that's usually the way life works.

11. shotglass

shotglass Guest

Indeed. And I'd definitely take the living check-to-check and hard lessons for the opportunity to try it all again.

12. RAMBO

RAMBO Member

Hell yes.

Draft saved Draft deleted