1. Welcome to SportsJournalists.com, a friendly forum for discussing all things sports and journalism.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register for a free account to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Access to private conversations with other members.
    • Fewer ads.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

Do you celebrate your birthday?

Discussion in 'Anything goes' started by MisterCreosote, Jun 9, 2011.

1. Johnny Dangerously

Johnny Dangerously Well-Known Member

I always work on shockey's birthday.

2. KJIM

KJIM Well-Known Member

My younger sister turned 36 two years ago. Now that she can no longer claim "early 30s," we are no longer allowed to mention or celebrate her birthday.

3. farmerjerome

farmerjerome Active Member

I work in retail and my birthday is three days before Christmas. There will be no birthdays off for me, and that's okay. Since we only have to close two nights per week, I can request to get out in time for a late dinner (we're open until 11 that close to the holiday). Dr. J will treat me to sushi on my actual birthday, and we'll have pizza and wings with family and friends the weekend before. And ice cream cake. I love ice cream cake.

Unless my birthday falls on a Friday. In that case, I work a 9:30 - 5:30 at the store, grab a bite to eat and cover the game of my choice.

4. shockey

shockey Active Member

;D ;D ;D ;D ;D ;D ;D ;D ;D ;D

5. D-3 Fan

D-3 Fan Well-Known Member

My birthday falls during the holiday season (New Years Day). I think it's cool, but as I gotten older, I know that not many people will think of it because they're ringing the new year and getting trashed in the process.

My closest friends will invite me over to their homes for a small New Years party. At midnight, we rang in the new year, and the wife of one friends ducked into the kitchen and walked out with a cupcake, with a lighted candle in it. Then my mom, my sister and her family, will call and wish me a happy birthday.

It was perfect.

6. I Should Coco

I Should Coco Well-Known Member

Did your parents get some prizes for having the "New Year's Baby," D-3? Or did some other baby edge you out?

7. Sam Mills 51

Sam Mills 51 Well-Known Member

Didn't do anything last year. Was in a strange city, knew no one. Went out, got some cheap fast food. Didn't even light a candle.

Guess I'm just glad not to be celebrating next to dust ...

Draft saved Draft deleted