1. Welcome to SportsJournalists.com, a friendly forum for discussing all things sports and journalism.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register for a free account to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Access to private conversations with other members.
    • Fewer ads.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

Do you celebrate your birthday?

Discussion in 'Anything goes' started by MisterCreosote, Jun 9, 2011.

1. imjustagirl

imjustagirl Active Member

Haha wasn't meant that way. I just don't really have a reason to celebrate it. It's just another day on the calendar. I might get some little splurge (Cold Stone or something) but it's not like I want to go out to clubs and wear a tiara just because it's that day.

2. secretariat

secretariat Active Member

The thought of IJAG in a tiara just made me giggle.

3. imjustagirl

Oh, I wear a tiara. Just not because it's my birthday. My Yahoo! avatar for fantasy leagues has a tiara on. :D

4. BDC99

BDC99 Well-Known Member

Sister took me to a nice dinner this year, and next year's the big 4-0, so I'll do something then too. But this was the first year in about 10 that I was actually off, and I only took the weekend off to spend Easter weekend with the niece/nephews. I get cards/gift cards generally, but it's mostly just another day.

5. albert77

albert77 Well-Known Member

I had a big party for my 40th, and my family had a big crawfish boil at my sister's house in Baton Rouge for my 50th, but I generally don't do a whole lot for my birthday. Unless it's a regular day off, I work it and my wife always send me flowers at the office, something she started doing years ago. My kids usually get me a card, and we might have dinner or a nice lunch, but that's about it. I do like the fact that I'm still having them. :eek:

6. Sam Mills 51

Sam Mills 51 Well-Known Member

If she was willing to wear a hat I once saw her sporting in a store once, a tiara certainly isn't out of the question. And the tiara, while more "look at me," was in much better taste than that hat.

7. imjustagirl

hmmmm...trying to remember...

8. secretariat

secretariat Active Member

[​IMG]

Last edited by a moderator: Dec 15, 2014
  9. Sam Mills 51

Sam Mills 51 Well-Known Member

It was sort of like this:
    [​IMG]

The color is close. Hat might have had that wide a brim, though.

10. MileHigh

MileHigh Moderator Staff Member

A couple of friends take me out to dinner (and I oblige for their birthdays), otherwise, no. I get phone calls from the parents and siblings, but otherwise, just another day.

11. imjustagirl

Literally no memory of that. WTH were we?

EDIT: HOLY SHIT IN THAT STORE WHERE YOU HAD TO GET YOUR PRESCRIPTION! I remember now! God, I'd forgotten all about that day!

12. KJIM

KJIM Well-Known Member

Don't give a crap about my birthday one way or the other. It falls on a drinking holiday, though, and if it wasn't for that, I'd never remember.

My oldest and dearest friend is one of those "must take day off, bow to me" people. Has been since before grade school -- I remember her mom not making her go to school that day.

I just don't get it.

Draft saved Draft deleted