1. Welcome to SportsJournalists.com, a friendly forum for discussing all things sports and journalism.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register for a free account to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Access to private conversations with other members.
    • Fewer ads.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

Do you carry a pocketknife?

Discussion in 'Anything goes' started by Inky_Wretch, Feb 28, 2007.

?

Well, do you?

1. Yes

12 vote(s)
    31.6%
  2. No

26 vote(s)
    68.4%
  1. I carry a three-blade Old Timer with me everyday. The longest blade on it is about 2 inches long.
    I nearly had it confiscated at the airport last month when I was told to empty my pockets. Security guy was nice enough to let me take it back to my truck.
    I also have a small two-blade pen knife. And I keep a leatherman in my truck inside my tool box, next to the jumper cables.

2. tyler durden 71351

tyler durden 71351 Active Member

I've been carrying a Swiss Army knife about as big as my pinky for 15+ years. I feel naked without it. Every now and then it becomes an issue, like when I'm at the airport or going into a courthouse.

3. CradleRobber

CradleRobber Active Member

You should pick up one of these:

[​IMG]

4. Inky_Wretch

Inky_Wretch Well-Known Member

I prefer to think of myself as Tom Silva from This Old House.

5. fmrsped

fmrsped Active Member

"It only took me about 70 man hours, which isn't bad considering I whittled it out of one piece of wood."

6. Frank_Ridgeway

Frank_Ridgeway Well-Known Member

I have one in the car and two in the house, but I do not carry them unless I am going into the woods.

7. Overrated

Overrated Guest

Well done.

8. Sam Mills 51

Sam Mills 51 Well-Known Member

Same here. Be careful at the airports. I had one which didn't make a big deal about it whereas the other all but treated me like a criminal. Security confiscated my knife and ran off like they heard something ticking.

Funny how a small Swiss Army is considered a weapon, yet pins holding up a woman's hair are not ...

9. Herbert Anchovy

Herbert Anchovy Active Member

I have a buck knife under the front seat of my car. Family heirloom.

10. tyler durden 71351

tyler durden 71351 Active Member

Last time I flew, I forgot to stash it in my luggage, so I just put it in my carry-on while I was going through the screening line. No problems. Course a 2 1/2 inch blade ain't gonna do much trouble...and I look like a cross between Phillip Seymour Hoffman and Thurston Moore, so I'm far from the terrorist profile.

11. Armchair_QB

Armchair_QB Well-Known Member

Only on airplanes.

12. beefncheddar

beefncheddar Guest

I carry a trident. Because you never know when one of these is going to break out ...

[​IMG]

Draft saved Draft deleted