1. Welcome to SportsJournalists.com, a friendly forum for discussing all things sports and journalism.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register for a free account to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Access to private conversations with other members.
    • Fewer ads.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

Do You Believe In Ghosts?

Discussion in 'Anything goes' started by KevinmH9, Apr 8, 2009.

1. sostartled

sostartled Member

Ghost Hunters is an amazing show. There was one in a lighthouse in Florida that will blow your mind. Some real crazy shit they caught on camera (shadows leaning over balconies, moving up flights of stairs, etc).

They went to a train station in Buffalo and heard some crazy stuff too (GO HOME!!!). Highly recommend the show if you're interested in ghosts.

side note: They went to an inn in New Hampshire (I think) and had a camera set up in a haunted room, and it appeared that the sheets had moved off a bed with no explanation, but they were able to figure out that someone had entered the room from behind the camera, turned it off, hid behind the bed, had someone turn the camera back on while they pulled the sheets and then snuck out.

2. Rumpleforeskin

Rumpleforeskin Active Member

Can't say I do.

3. NDub

NDub Guest

The lighthouse was in St. Augustine. No doubt one of their best shows. They went back I think last season and caught some stuff, too. Not quite as much, but they had some different equipment and got some different reads on things.

4. NoOneLikesUs

NoOneLikesUs Active Member

Proof. That's all I ask. Flashing lights, weird noises and machines malfunctioning are not enough.

5. Beaker

Beaker Active Member

I don't think I do, but in a way, I'd like to.

Thanks to science, our understanding of the universe becomes greater every day, so there's something romantic about believing in ghosts.

6. GuessWho

GuessWho Active Member

I do believe. I do I do I do.

No personal experiences to speak of, but I've heard stuff from very level-headed people that is unexplainable.

Closest thing I've experienced came several years ago when I heard the voice of a close family member. Although I can't recall what she said, it was so clear and distinct that I glanced around just to be sure she wasn't there. Later that day, I learned she had died, at precisely the same time I'd heard her voice.

That's not so much ghostly as it is some sort of paranormal phenomenon, I guess, but it's all I got.

Draft saved Draft deleted