1. Welcome to SportsJournalists.com, a friendly forum for discussing all things sports and journalism.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register for a free account to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Access to private conversations with other members.
    • Fewer ads.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

Do You Believe In Ghosts?

Discussion in 'Anything goes' started by KevinmH9, Apr 8, 2009.

1. KYSportsWriter

KYSportsWriter Well-Known Member

Now THAT is funny.

2. JayFarrar

JayFarrar Well-Known Member

yep. I used to live in a haunted house.
    I've told that story on here before.
    In short, dude killed his wife in what would later become my then spare bedroom.
    Super freaky shit happened on a regular basis. For example, when a light bulb would burn out in my house, that meant I was either going to get or had already received a letter for the murdered woman that same day.

3. Armchair_QB

Armchair_QB Well-Known Member

Uh, what?

4. KYSportsWriter

That's what I'm wondering...

5. lono

lono Active Member

Some years ago, I visited the Middle Ages Torture Museum in Germany — http://www.foltermuseum.com/index_us.html — and it was the eeriest thing I had ever experienced.

I'm not someone with naturally good antennae, but that I heard voices and felt spirits in a powerful way. After about 20 minutes, I had to leave because it was too overwhelming.

6. KYSportsWriter

Anyone here ever been to Waverly Hills in Louisville?

7. Angola!

Angola! Guest

Does this have anything to do with deflowering a virgin? Cause if not, I'm not nearly as interested.

8. jps

jps Active Member

gola, yer nuts.

9. Buck

Buck Well-Known Member

What about Mary's Grave on Long Island?

10. JayFarrar

JayFarrar Well-Known Member

What I meant was when I got a letter (junk mail, a catalog, an invitation to some event) for the dead woman, a light bulb would burn out in my house later that day.
    If a light bulb burnt out before the mail came, I'd get something in the mail that afternoon.
    Without fail. For the nearly two years I lived there.

11. NDub

NDub Guest

Have not. But I know what you're talking about. Ghost Hunters on SciFi went there for two different investigations - one a live show on Halloween 2007 - and got a lot of activity. Usually, these people debunk the hell out of general people who can't decipher a ghost from a shadow created by passing headlights. They're pretty good. New stuff on every Wednesday night at 9 p.m.

And I believe Waverly Hills allows people in for 100 bucks a night to investigate or just tour.

Do I believe in ghosts? I have never experienced anything remotely close to what some on here have explained. But I do believe there's some sort of parellel world, or afterlife, or way the dead communicate with us, or something along those lines. There's a lot of unexplained shit that nobody can ever... well, explain. And while you can't always say it's a ghost or haunting, you can certainly say it's paranormal.

12. Bubbler

Bubbler Well-Known Member

I believe ... I've recounted my stories in the other ghost threads that crop up from time-to-time.

Draft saved Draft deleted