1. Welcome to SportsJournalists.com, a friendly forum for discussing all things sports and journalism.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register for a free account to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Access to private conversations with other members.
    • Fewer ads.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

Do You Believe In Ghosts?

Discussion in 'Anything goes' started by KevinmH9, Apr 8, 2009.

1. slappy4428

slappy4428 Active Member

Sailed right over his head like a leaf in the wind...

2. mustangj17

mustangj17 Active Member

My room used to be a mess when I was younger.

One night, I went to bed with a white shirt slung over an open closet door. To the right of the closet door there was a shelf where I had all this sports crap, like a white Detroit Lions pom pom.

I woke up at like 3 am, saw the white ghostly looking shirt, with a pom-pom for a head and nearly had a heart attack. I must have been 12. I always closed the doors after that.

3. Armchair_QB

Armchair_QB Well-Known Member

We've got a four-year-old living in our TV.

4. Ace

Ace Well-Known Member

The difference between being a lump of meat and bodily juices is some type of electrical force or soul running through your body.

I believe that that force can sometimes hang around sans body.

5. beardpuller

beardpuller Active Member

You'd think they'd find better shit to do than playing organs or turning on stereos and ceiling fans, though, wouldn't you?
    That's not a quality afterlife.
    All that time on their hands, why doesn't one of them figure out how to fix the economy? Or find a way to stem the tide of "reality" television?
    That would be ghostage we could believe in.

6. writing irish

writing irish Active Member

Nobody knows, nobody sees. Nobody knows but me.

7. Buck

Buck Well-Known Member

Nor do I believe in the Great Pumpkin or faeries.

8. beardpuller

beardpuller Active Member

Yo, Irish: At one point, I owned about a half-dozen versions of "The Long Black Veil." Hard to beat Lefty Frizzell, but I really liked Mick Jagger and the Chieftans. Heard Levon Helm's daughter sing it in a concert week before last. A great, haunting song.

9. KYSportsWriter

KYSportsWriter Well-Known Member

Forgot to mention: I live next to a pauper's graveyard and have seen several things in our yard that were just unreal.

Came home one day, about 2 in the afternoon, and our dog was freaking out. There was no one around, or any other animals. Then I saw this guy sitting on our pool deck smoking a cigar that you could smell.

He just smiled, stood up, and walked away.

10. Trey Beamon

Trey Beamon Active Member

Take a bow, sir.

And no, I don't.

11. BYH

BYH Active Member

Nobody's pointed out yet how fucking funny this was?

Reminds me of when I saw Poltergeist at the drive-in at like seven or eight. (I've probably mentioned this, so forgive me) I'd seen the commercials all summer and wanted to see the movie. My Mom was all "no, it's too scary for him" while Dad was like "C'mon, it'll be fun." Finally, Dad and I won out and we went to the drive-in on a Sunday night.

When the family is moving out, I was telling my Mom "See? Everything is OK. This wasn't that scary." Then, of course, the shit hits the fan, the family realizes on its last night in the hizzie that it's situated on an Indian burial ground and all sorts of horrible shit goes on. I was shitting my drawers.

So we're driving out after the movie finally, mercifully ends. I'm silent. My Dad says "So...when we get home, you want to watch TV?"

Me: "No."

Dad: "C'mon. We'll see if there's a channel showing nothing but snow."

Me: "NO!!!"

Dad: "We'll put that channel on, put you right in front of the TV. Maybe you'll get sucked into it..."

Me: "STOP IT DAD!!!!" *commence crying*

Mom: "I TOLD YOU HE WASN'T OLD ENOUGH FOR THIS MOVIE!! I TOLD YOU!"

And that was the highlight of the summer of 2007!!! :D

12. writing irish

writing irish Active Member

Dang, I need to hear that Jagger/Chieftans version.

Draft saved Draft deleted