1. Welcome to SportsJournalists.com, a friendly forum for discussing all things sports and journalism.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register for a free account to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Access to private conversations with other members.
    • Fewer ads.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

Do You Believe In Ghosts?

Discussion in 'Anything goes' started by KevinmH9, Apr 8, 2009.

1. KevinmH9

KevinmH9 Active Member

No. I'm not talking about BYH's presence in the bedroom, either. ;D

So I'm walking downstairs towards the kitchen about 20 minutes ago. My path to the kitchen takes me past the doorway to the basement. Because it's approaching 3 a.m., the house is generally dark other than the light above the stove that I'll usually kept lit just in case I need to go downstairs for something.

I walk into the kitchen and reach into the refrigerator for something to drink when I hear an eerie moan of sorts coming FROM THE BASEMENT. Now, there's nothing down there but the furnace and your typical, cliche basement mess.

There's no fucking way the furnace made that sound.

I didn't even get my drink. I closed the refrigerator and darted upstairs.

Any of you got any stories? :D

2. GB-Hack

GB-Hack Active Member

Uh, no.

3. Funny how these things never happen during the middle of the day.

I guess ghosts sleep then.

4. sportschick

sportschick Active Member

This is more my mother's story than mine, but here goes.

My parents bought an old house (1840s era) that had been cut up into apartments. It had the creepiest basement I have ever been in, and it wasn't that the basement was darker or had lower ceilings or anything really different from any other basement I've been in. It was the feeling the area gave off.

One afternoon, my mom had to go down there to turn off the water to one of the apartments that she and I were renovating. She came up white as a sheet, and said when she'd turned the corner on the staircase, she'd seen the shadow of a body swinging from one of the beams in the basement, like somebody hanged themselves.

Neither of us ever went down there again. We sent Dad, who doesn't pick up on that kind of stuff.

5. spnited

spnited Active Member

I'm guessing it's a little windy tonight in Kevin's neighborhood.

6. JakeandElwood

JakeandElwood Well-Known Member

Nah, don't believe in ghosts.

7. I think it's always windy in Kevin's neighborhood.

8. KevinmH9

KevinmH9 Active Member

No wind at all.

9. BYH

BYH Active Member

If there's something strange in the basement
    Where you gonna post? SportsJournalists.com!

If there's something weird and it don't sound good

I ain't afraid of Kevin's basement

If you're seeing things run through your kitchen

An invisible man, moving shit downstairs

If you're all alone...turn on the computer...and post...SportsJournalists.com!

Oh I hear he hates the Sox fans
    YEAH YEAH YEAH YEAH!

You have done some freaky posts Kevin...you better post SportsJournalists.com!

POSTIN MAKES ME FEEL GOOD!!!

When it comes through the kitchen door...unless you just wanna shit your drawers...I think you better post
    SportsJournalists.com!!

(repeat for desired effect, fade out)

10. KYSportsWriter

KYSportsWriter Well-Known Member

Yes, I do.

My story may seem like a very long stretch, but it happened.

I was probably 5 or 6 at the time when a trucker died in a wreck in front of the church I used to attend. My grandpa was out there helping clean the yard up, and I was with him. The preacher at the time had one son living at home who was a year older than me, and we were walking around outside watching and listening to the grownups talk about the wreck.

After a while, we went in the church's basement to get something to drink and use the bathroom. We get near the end of the hallway, which is probably a good 50 feet long, when the organ upstairs in the sanctuary starts playing. There was just two problems with that: The organ hadn't been used in a few years because no one in the church could play it, and there was no one else in the church at the time (we came in to the basement from upstairs and went into the sanctuary for a few minutes before going downstairs).

We thought it was one of the adults playing a joke on us, but then one of the doors to one of the Sunday school rooms slammed shut. And then another, and another, until it got to the bathroom doors. Both of those slammed shut, and preacher's kid (PK) and myself darted out the basement door and up the steps to the back of the church. We looked around, and saw every adult who was at the church at the time was still outside cleaning up.

I told my grandpa and the preacher about it, and they went into the basement to check things out. They said the same thing happened to them while they were standing at the end of the hallway.

There have been times since where certain spots in the basement will go cold, even in the winter when the heat is on. There have been times where I've felt like I was being pushed and shoved by someone, even though no one else was around me. And there have been times where I've heard things, like 'Save me!' and 'Help me!' when no else was talking or even around me.

To this day, I will not go in that basement by myself. And to this day, I'm positive the ghost of whoever died in that wreck is still there.

11. KevinmH9

KevinmH9 Active Member

Solid, BYH.

And KY, that is some stranggee stuff. Definitely one of the more eerie stories I've heard.

12. KYSportsWriter

KYSportsWriter Well-Known Member

You're telling me.

Draft saved Draft deleted