1. Welcome to SportsJournalists.com, a friendly forum for discussing all things sports and journalism.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register for a free account to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Access to private conversations with other members.
    • Fewer ads.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

Do you believe in $1 million?

Discussion in 'Sports and News' started by Beef03, Jan 26, 2013.

1. Machine Head

Machine Head Well-Known Member

I remember the guy. Just don't know where it ended up. Is it on public display anywhere?

Have to tell you met a couple of guys from Toronto in Vegas earlier this month. They knew the area my wife grew up in, so it was a fun talk. They were mad about the Burke deal.

2. Huggy

Huggy Well-Known Member

Might be at the Hockey Hall, I have no idea. The puck he scored the goal with is apparently still with Pat Stapleton. Where is your wife from?

3. Machine Head

Canuckistan.

Hit my first Beer Store around 1978. Had no idea what the hell was going on :D

4. Huggy

Huggy Well-Known Member

Well that narrows it down!

5. Huggy

Huggy Well-Known Member

What would I spend a mill on?

The gloves that Hagler wore when he took out Hearns, the robe Ali wore that Elvis gave him with all the sequins and "The People's Choice" written on the back and the bat Alomar used to hit that homer off Eckersley.

6. Songbird

Songbird Well-Known Member

I'd paid $100K for the puck Evans put in the net for this:

7. Machine Head

Well, it's not Sudbury, but I've seen the Big Nickel a few times :D

To the question Beef posed, I don't know what I could spend that much on. Over the last year or so I've started picking up small items for my office and home. Stuff I remember from my younger days or things I have a connection with.

Sounds silly, but I was very happy to find a popcorn holder from Met Stadium, where the Twins played. Shaped like a megaphone. Loved those when I was a kid.

One item I was so excited to see on sale at Craigslist a while back was a set of seats from Met Center, home of the North Stars. No picture in the ad, but I was going to buy them. One problem, I had forgotten that Norm Green had the seats reupholstered in RED the last season the North Stars were in Minnesota. Norm's from Calgary, I believe, so maybe that was the connection. What a great guy. I passed on the seats.

8. Beef03

Beef03 Active Member

I was thinking long an hard about this myself. Probably Jacques Plante's first mask would be at the top of the list.

9. albert77

albert77 Well-Known Member

Drew Brees' game jersey from Super Bowl 44.

10. Versatile

Versatile Active Member

I would buy the live mascots of every FBS team that has one and start a zoo in Atlanta or Birmingham or someplace.

11. MTM

MTM Well-Known Member

Kirk Gibson's HR ball

12. Vombatus

Vombatus Well-Known Member

I would buy Brandi Chastain's sports bra, and the panties of Maria Sharapova, Lindsey Vonn (only if Tiger rumors are untrue), and Kate Upton.

If I have any money left, I'd buy more panties.

Panties!

Draft saved Draft deleted