1. Welcome to SportsJournalists.com, a friendly forum for discussing all things sports and journalism.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register for a free account to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Access to private conversations with other members.
    • Fewer ads.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

Do You Applaud On Senior Day?

Discussion in 'Journalism topics only' started by Pete Incaviglia, Feb 24, 2009.

1. hell nope

2. Tom Petty

Tom Petty Guest

i shit you not, i've clapped once ... for a dance team that performed at halftime.

3. Tom Petty

Tom Petty Guest

and you're looking good today, sir.

4. :-*

5. CM Punk

CM Punk Guest

I don't applaud. I don't give a shit. It's just a job.

6. KYSportsWriter

KYSportsWriter Well-Known Member

There was one time I applauded, when a team I covered had a tribute to a teammate who had died.

Other than that, don't clap.

7. slappy4428

slappy4428 Active Member

Nice....

8. Pete Incaviglia

Pete Incaviglia Active Member

It doesn't much matter in the grand scheme of things. But I was curious. And I am still employed.

9. 93Devil

93Devil Well-Known Member

I never did, and I also never clapped when a hurt player came off the field.

I did clap for the National Anthem, even if it was a terrible rendition.

10. I've seen Dick Vitale clap for players on senior night. That should tell you all you need to know.

11. Baron Scicluna

Baron Scicluna Well-Known Member

Sad to say, and I posted this one other time, but I once had a parent bitch to me about taking a picture of her son, who was singing the national anthem. (small-town paper where I covered everything, not just sports). I was standing outside of the gym and I had a hot dog in my hand at the time. I told her, "When I'm done eating." Needless to say, I was done with the hot dog after the kid sang.

The next time though, I did take a pic and ran it real small in the paper. I still didn't want to, but I didn't want the nutjob parent to gripe again.

And no, don't applaud for the seniors. Write that they got honored. But it's not your job to cheer.

12. SnoopyBoy

SnoopyBoy Member

Exactly. Those fucks aren't going to remember you, and they will never applaud anything you did. Just do your damn job and go home.

Draft saved Draft deleted