1. Welcome to SportsJournalists.com, a friendly forum for discussing all things sports and journalism.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register for a free account to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Access to private conversations with other members.
    • Fewer ads.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

Do we still like sports

Discussion in 'Journalism topics only' started by Riddick, Sep 24, 2006.

1. Riddick

Riddick Active Member

I don't know, but lately I just haven't cared about sports as much as I used to. I can't help thinking that it's because of the job. What about the rest of you? Have you noticed your passion for sports isn't as strong as it used to be since you started writing?

2. TwoGloves

TwoGloves Well-Known Member

I've been like that for some time. People think all I do is sit around and watch sports at home when about the onlly thing I faithfully watch anymore is golf. Maybe it stems from dealing with one too many assholes at the pro level.

3. shotglass

shotglass Guest

I enjoy sports as much as I used to. I just don't root like I used to. I'm in a position now where it wouldn't kill anybody if I had a favorite team ... but I don't. I watch a baseball game, I'm just watching a baseball game (well, except for the fantasy factor).

And, of course, I am physically incapable of cheering.

4. SF_Express

SF_Express Active Member

I've been like this for a while, too.

I live in a very active sports area -- and I'm coming up on the end of two consecutive years where I didn't attend a single live event.

I never watch sports at home. I only watch it at the bar because it's on.

5. DyePack

DyePack New Member

I need the page design to lure me in. I'm not even sure what team I'm rooting for anymore unless I see a section front.

6. shotglass

shotglass Guest

Like I said, just don't call anyone else "unoriginal." You are not allowed.

7. DyePack

DyePack New Member

That was damn original.

8. Riddick

Riddick Active Member

9. steveu

steveu Well-Known Member

Oh my God! We're all losing our interest in sports! The bean counters are going to see this! Pages will be cut back! Millions of jobs will be lost!
    (Turns sarcasm font off)

10. Highway 101

Highway 101 Active Member

Me, it's not that I don't enjoy sports as much as I used to. I still love all of the competition.

The thing is that if it's not on my beat, I'm not nearly as informed. I don't "follow" sports as much as I used to.

PS: I hate my slow-ass computer which can barely let me post in one window and run Yahoo! stat-tracker in the other. I want a G4.

11. dixiehack

dixiehack Well-Known Member

How can you not love it?

[​IMG]

12. shotglass

shotglass Guest

Oh YEAH, dixie. ;D

Draft saved Draft deleted