1. Welcome to SportsJournalists.com, a friendly forum for discussing all things sports and journalism.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register for a free account to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Access to private conversations with other members.
    • Fewer ads.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

Do we like anybody?

Discussion in 'Journalism topics only' started by dooley_womack1, Sep 24, 2006.

1. broadway joe

broadway joe Guest

Hoops, I agree with you. The Esquire piece wasn't a rip job. I just mentioned it because it was the first non-fawning Tiger story. It was a great piece.

2. Double Down

Double Down Well-Known Member

You guys beat me too it on the Pierce story. Fewer things annoy me more on this board than when someone brings up that story and calls it a rip job. It makes me wonder if they even read the story, or if they only remember the fallout. It's a great story, and the whole point of it is, here is this ass kicking, cutthroat badass golfer, and despite what you might have read (by people, who, frankly ought to know better), he's not the second coming of Jesus or the next Ghandi, he's instead just a regular 21-year-old kid who likes to play video games and make dick jokes, so let's just sit back and enjoy him for what he is without trying to asign all this mythological bullshit to it.

EDIT: Sorry Joe, I didn't see your clarification.

Draft saved Draft deleted