1. Welcome to SportsJournalists.com, a friendly forum for discussing all things sports and journalism.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register for a free account to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Access to private conversations with other members.
    • Fewer ads.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

Do we having a running thread for citizens killed by police yet?

Discussion in 'Sports and News' started by bigpern23, Apr 13, 2015.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. BitterYoungMatador2

BitterYoungMatador2 Well-Known Member

With a name like Geronimo and the location I'm willing to bet he's Native American. Ever met one of them? Skin color is identical to an Asian in many instances. Hair color is identical to an Asian. So, considering she was watching SOMEONE DIE IN FRONT OF HER, I'm willing to grade on a curve considering the duress she was under. If the guy's name was Stanley Kowalski and she said he was Asian I would have more doubt. Close friend of mine's husband is 100-percent Cherokee and could pass for Asian. Actually, if he doesn't lay off the Ben and Jerrys and Chick Fil A soon he'll pass for Buddha.

2. Stoney

Stoney Well-Known Member

Good lord, you are getting way too caught up in that whole Chinese thing. I only mentioned it to point out that there do appear to be some errors in the account she gave, so perhaps we ought to wait and afford a bit more of something resembling due process/equal time before we all presume guilt. I never said she intentionally lied, nor suggested that she made an unreasonable mistake under the circumstances. Those are things we simply do not know.

But I am rather struck by how many people seem to be discussing the account she gave on that video as if it is proven factual truth. You know, this is not like the Baton Rouge case where we have video showing the actual shooting. None of us know for sure how the Minnesota shooting happened. Yet lots of people have been acting like we do because of that facebook video, ignoring the fact that it only represents one side telling her version of the story. We have not heard the other side yet.

Last edited: Jul 10, 2016
  3. JC

JC Well-Known Member

Fuck Tony, he
    haha. The poster who constantly calls people dumb and losers deserves sympathy. I'm sure there's a meme for that.

You're a piece of shit human being who celebrated over a hundred Muslims dieing as an act of God. And God must have a sense of humour.

4. old_tony

old_tony Well-Known Member

When you get out of the third grade, you'll still be a couple decades from the adult table. Enjoy the Spaghetti-Os.

5. JC

JC Well-Known Member

You still need a booster seat at that adult table Frodo.

6. old_tony

old_tony Well-Known Member

Try not to get Spaghetti-Os on your new Garanimals shirt.

7. JC

JC Well-Known Member

Can you meme that?

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.