1. Welcome to SportsJournalists.com, a friendly forum for discussing all things sports and journalism.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register for a free account to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Access to private conversations with other members.
    • Fewer ads.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

Do we have a football recruiting thread? Barry Sanders' kid chooses Stanford

Discussion in 'Sports and News' started by LongTimeListener, Jan 6, 2012.

1. LongTimeListener

LongTimeListener Well-Known Member

http://www.tulsaworld.com/sportsextra/article.aspx?subjectid=231&articleid=20120105_231_0_OKLAHO310587

I presume this is the one that was born back when Barry wasn't having sex, so I can understand why Barry J. Sanders is so blessed on the field.

Coincidentally enough, the decision came down to Stanford and its Fiesta Bowl opponent, Dad's alma mater. Story says the kid took the SAT and ACT several times and loaded up on AP classes his senior year in an effort to persuade the Stanford admissions office.

2. BitterYoungMatador2

BitterYoungMatador2 Well-Known Member

Gundy responds accordingly
    [​IMG]

Last edited by a moderator: Dec 15, 2014
  3. Kudos to the kid for working his tail off in the classroom.

4. lesboulez

lesboulez Member

i'm amazed at how sane the comments are...

5. Versatile

Versatile Active Member

The meth heads don't come out until 4 a.m.

Really, though, I think it speaks to Barry Sanders' legacy. He posted the greatest single season in college football history. How can any Cowboys fan hate on his son now?

Having said that, if Barry Sanders Jr. had been a five-star recruit, I think the tone of those comments would be a little different.

6. Mizzougrad96

Mizzougrad96 Active Member

I can't imagine that anybody related to Barry Sanders would be smart enough to go to Stanford.

Maybe he gets smarts from the mom and athletic ability from his dad.

7. Baron Scicluna

Baron Scicluna Well-Known Member

Yeah, sad isn't it.

How come during these little announcements that hardly ever anybody asks them what they're going to major in?

8. Mizzougrad96

Mizzougrad96 Active Member

He's going to major in witty retorts for "You're not as good as you're dad!!!!"

Draft saved Draft deleted