1. Welcome to SportsJournalists.com, a friendly forum for discussing all things sports and journalism.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register for a free account to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Access to private conversations with other members.
    • Fewer ads.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

Do we close the borders?

Discussion in 'Anything goes' started by Almost_Famous, Aug 10, 2006.

1. poindexter

poindexter Well-Known Member

I'd slow down about this whole terror thing. Many on the board are convinced these terror alerts are directly tied into Bush's popularity ratings... Wait this one out, I'm sure it's a vast Rove conspiracy.

2. The Big Ragu

The Big Ragu Moderator Staff Member

We don't need to close the borders. What we need to do is give every retard three guns, a lifetime supply of rice-a-roni and a nuclear bomb-proof getaway car with a full tank of gas.

3. Flying Headbutt

Flying Headbutt Moderator Staff Member

That wasn't funny the first time you said it a few months ago.

4. JR

JR Well-Known Member

Don't forget fruit roll-ups.

5. BYH

BYH Active Member

It's bad enough you're allowed to come into our country. Stay out of our threads, you terroristic northern jagoff.

6. Obviously, you can't kick 11 million people out, but you should at least give backround checks.  Don't let 11 million people run accross the border without knowing who any of them are.

7. Buck

Buck Well-Known Member

Considering the virtual absence of smaller, privately owned bookstores, I think it would be disasterous to close the Borders.
    It's the only real bookstore we have in my town.

8. hockeybeat

hockeybeat Guest

No disrespect meant, but this is the height of silliness. If we close the borders, the terrorists win.

Don't you get it?

They want us to panic. They want us to fear our neighbors. They want us to be the closed society that they are. If we close the borders, or begin hording weapons and food and water, they win.

Here's what you can do: Live your life. Every bloody day. Go to the store. Go to the gym. Go to work. Talk up a girl. Do what they are afraid to do.

9. LiveStrong

LiveStrong Active Member

I'm not sure that's financially reasonable. How about half a tank of gas?

10. The Big Ragu

The Big Ragu Moderator Staff Member

Take it easy on him. His national anthem is lump-in-the-throat gorgeous.

11. Bubbler

Bubbler Well-Known Member

Man I've missed the irrational A_F ... welcome back!

I only have two questions that I haven't already addressed in the other thread.

a) What exactly is good about racial profiling? The way you wrote that, it's as if people sit around in McDonald's and ask themselves, "What do you think, is racial profiling, good or bad?"
    And in response, the group is like, "Hmm, good question. I'm kind of on the fence about that one. Man, that's a head-scratcher, better get back to you on that one."
    b) Spill it. We have a graph in one of our local stories about a dude at the St. Louis airport being pissed that his $60 bottle of Armani was confiscated. Please tell me this is the source of your latent paranoia ... please?

12. Boom_70

Boom_70 Well-Known Member

question - you are an FBI profiler assigned to the Canadian border looking for terrorists

Give us a brief discription of the type of person that you would be looking for

looks , country of origin , ect

simply put give us a discription of a typical terrorist.

Draft saved Draft deleted