1. Welcome to SportsJournalists.com, a friendly forum for discussing all things sports and journalism.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register for a free account to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Access to private conversations with other members.
    • Fewer ads.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

Do Vegetarians and Vegans Think They Are Better Than Everyone Else?

Discussion in 'Anything goes' started by 3_Octave_Fart, Aug 7, 2013.

1. Versatile

Versatile Active Member

I know a couple of strict Jainists whose authentic Indian meals are almost always Vegan. It's delicious and filling and never features tofu. Eggplant, lentils, potatoes, cauliflower, etc. I'd eat there twice a week if they invited me.

2. Boom_70

Boom_70 Well-Known Member

I often eat quinoa salads for lunch. Found a local place that also happens to be a hamburger joint. As smart business people they also have a lot of meat alternatives
    on menu.

3. YankeeFan

YankeeFan Well-Known Member

I'm not sure why Devil doesn't get this.

Tofu is one of a million vegetarian options. I'm not a huge fan of its texture, so I don't like it as a main dish, but put it with some ground pork and chili sauce, and I'm good with it.

Sure, it's not a vegetarian dish if it has tofu and pork. That's the point.

4. YankeeFan

YankeeFan Well-Known Member

You're doing it wrong: http://www.meatlessmonday.com/

5. Boom_70

Boom_70 Well-Known Member

When is tofu and blow job day?

6. Versatile

Versatile Active Member

So at this point, is it really about religious doctrine or personal identity?

7. 93Devil

93Devil Well-Known Member

Tofu is an example of a meatless meal. We are talking about meatless meals here. Read the thread.

8. Versatile

Versatile Active Member

They tried Meatless Monday at work. I think it lasted two weeks, but it might have only been one.

9. 93Devil

93Devil Well-Known Member

No shit? I wonder why?

10. Versatile

Versatile Active Member

93Devil, do you have a point? It appears to be flying over all of our heads.

11. Dyno

Dyno Well-Known Member

I was picking up the Sunday dinner theme from our friend. I'd also be happy with a meatless meal on any other night of the week. ;D

12. JackReacher

JackReacher Well-Known Member

It depends on the party/event, who's throwing it, lots of things.

But in general, if you're such a pain in the ass that you can't be bothered to attend a party/event at a friend's house without eating steak, well, you're a shitty friend. It also makes you more annoying than the most annoying vegans.

Draft saved Draft deleted