1. Welcome to SportsJournalists.com, a friendly forum for discussing all things sports and journalism.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register for a free account to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Access to private conversations with other members.
    • Fewer ads.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

Do they have a slaughter rule in lacrosse?

Discussion in 'Sports and News' started by old_tony, May 17, 2014.

1. Michael_ Gee

Michael_ Gee Well-Known Member

Bryant University, then Bryant College, is in Smithfield, Rhode Island, north of Providence. It is where the Patriots used to have training camp before Kraft bought them and they had some money to spend on facilities. It is a business education school.

2. Jake_Taylor

Jake_Taylor Well-Known Member

Hopkins' junior Wells Stanwick is the second youngest of eight siblings in one of the sports families ever. His sister Covie is at Boston College and both are on the watch list for the Tewaaraton Award, lacrosse's version of the Heisman. Their younger brother is a high school senior and the No. 1 recruit in the country. All the older kids also played D-I lacrosse. The three oldest sisters were All-Americans and brother Steele had one of the all-time great NCAA Tournaments and won the Tewaaraton his junior year at UVa.

3. Riptide

Riptide Well-Known Member

One of the ? ? ? sports families ever?

Best, is my guess. Or ... Greatest? ... Scoringest? ... Horniest?

4. Jake_Taylor

Jake_Taylor Well-Known Member

Whoops. Was going to say greatest. But with eight kids horniest might apply for the parents.

5. jr/shotglass

jr/shotglass Well-Known Member

Can you imagine the soccer mom or dad driving that Stanwick bunch to practice 10 years ago? They probably didn't get home till midnight. Ever.

6. Webster

Webster Well-Known Member

Wells, Covie and Steele -- those are some strong lacrosse first names.

7. Big Circus

Big Circus Well-Known Member

Preppiest, for damn sure.

Webster - the other kids are Sheehan, Wick, Coco, Tad and Shack (the youngest).

8. Football_Bat

Football_Bat Well-Known Member

Bryant used to be one of those schools that when they turned up in the Sagarin ratings at the start of the college basketball season, you thought, "I didn't know they were D-I," or "WTF is that school?" There's a handful of those every year.

9. jr/shotglass

jr/shotglass Well-Known Member

Cal Tech was the only school that surprised me this past year.

Number of them coming in the next three years, though: Abilene Christian, Grand Canyon, Incarnate Word, Massachusetts-Lowell, Nebraska-Omaha and Northern Kentucky.

10. heyabbott

heyabbott Well-Known Member

educatedest? Hopkins, UVA, Georgetown,Rutgers, Boys Latin Prep, Notre Dame Prep.

11. Cal Tech is not moving to Division I.

12. HanSenSE

HanSenSE Well-Known Member

Probably needed a stretch van to fit them all in.

Draft saved Draft deleted