1. Welcome to SportsJournalists.com, a friendly forum for discussing all things sports and journalism.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register for a free account to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Access to private conversations with other members.
    • Fewer ads.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

Do they have a slaughter rule in lacrosse?

Discussion in 'Sports and News' started by old_tony, May 17, 2014.

1. jr/shotglass

jr/shotglass Well-Known Member

I know I'm hanging on the lax ... we have Albany-Notre Dame up on the TV here now.

2. heyabbott

heyabbott Well-Known Member

women's lax too.

Great time of year. Except for a few baseball players, these are real STUDENT Athletes.

3. jr/shotglass

I'd be a huge women's lacrosse fan ... if they played by the same rules. (Not sexist there. Sportist.)

4. Jake_Taylor

Jake_Taylor Well-Known Member

Almost every female lacrosse player I've asked feels the same way.

5. Vombatus

Vombatus Well-Known Member

Tough loss for Albany up 12-7 in the 4th. 5 goal lead wasn't safe. Luck of the Irish.

Here's hoping Hopkins beats Duke tomorrow.

6. Jake_Taylor

Jake_Taylor Well-Known Member

Notre Dame-Albany turned into a hell of a game.

7. jr/shotglass

The up-and-comers are taking it on the chin today.

8. deskslave

deskslave Active Member

Speaking of college baseball, College of Charleston edged William & Mary last night, 3-2 in 23. Both teams scored in the 20th, and each used FOUR pitchers. It was supposed to be the first game of a doubleheader, but they moved that to today. So 23 innings yesterday, and at minimum 16 (one 9, one 7) today.

9. jr/shotglass

They had three games yesterday in the Division II Atlantic Regional baseball tournament outside Reading. Four-hour rain delay in the afternoon. Thirteen innings in the second game. The third game was truly the nightcap: 11:55 p.m. start. Seton Hill and Shepherd finished at 2:32 a.m. The field, BTW, is in a residential area, houses right up next to the venue.

Seton Hill returned for a 1 p.m. start today.

10. Mystery Meat II

Mystery Meat II Well-Known Member

What's weird is I was watching the first few minutes at the gym today and Notre Dame blew out to a 4-0 lead in such a quick and dominating fashion that I thought this thread was created for that game. Instead, Albany scores 12 of the next 15 goals ... then loses. Wild.

11. KYSportsWriter

KYSportsWriter Well-Known Member

I caught 20 or so minutes of that game last week. Bryant's faceoff guy was pretty damn good from what I saw. I don't remember Syracuse winning one when I was watching.

12. Vombatus

Vombatus Well-Known Member

Hopkins struggling to keep up with Duke. Down 7-1 at one point, now 12-8 Duke at the half. Ugh.

Draft saved Draft deleted