1. Welcome to SportsJournalists.com, a friendly forum for discussing all things sports and journalism.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register for a free account to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Access to private conversations with other members.
    • Fewer ads.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

Do the Corleones or Sopranos own a hockey team?

Discussion in 'Anything goes' started by 2muchcoffeeman, Jun 13, 2006.

1. 2muchcoffeeman

2muchcoffeeman Well-Known Member

Of course he runs a garbage-hauling operation.

http://sports.espn.go.com/nhl/news/story?id=2482037

2. spnited

spnited Active Member

"racketeering, extortion, witness tampering and circumventing the league's salary cap."

That's fucking priceless.

3. leo1

leo1 Active Member

i saw that, too. that doesn't make any sense. the salary cap is not a law that you can be charged with breaking.

4. PeteyPirate

PeteyPirate Guest

Sil: Coach, Tony needs to talk to you RAY the third line. Ma non! They're playing terrible.

5. BYH

BYH Active Member

So the guy had ties to the mob and spent far beyond the salary cap. What's the big deal here? [/Eddie DeBartolo]

6. WHA73

WHA73 Guest

Had a chance to cover them during the playoffs...glad I didn't piss anyone off!!

7. JR

JR Well-Known Member

Prosecutors said Galante paid $30,000 every three months to reputed Genovese crime family boss Matthew "Matty the Horse" Ianniello for mob muscle to maintain his company's dominance.

Now, there's an enforcer.

8. KJIM

KJIM Well-Known Member

So the UHL is down five teams for next season: Detroit (Fraser), Roanoke, Danbury, Adirondack and Missouri. Two new teams are coming next season, at least as far as I can tell from the Web site.

Are other sports' minor-league teams as screwed up as hockey?

9. PeteyPirate

PeteyPirate Guest

And yet you come to me with this request, on the day of Game 7.

10. Sea Bass

Sea Bass Well-Known Member

The AP story actually includes the phrase "no-show jobs." That's also fucking priceless.

11. spnited

spnited Active Member

Paulie: What the fuck, T. 2 or 3 no-shows ain't gonna do it. I gotta have 5.

12. Starman

Starman Well-Known Member

And now introducing, at right wing, from The Bronx, New York, at 6-foot-4 and 267 pounds, Number 13, Luca Brasi!!

:eek: :eek:

Draft saved Draft deleted