1. Welcome to SportsJournalists.com, a friendly forum for discussing all things sports and journalism.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register for a free account to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Access to private conversations with other members.
    • Fewer ads.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

Do people really get cars for Christmas?

Discussion in 'Anything goes' started by Smasher_Sloan, Nov 27, 2007.

1. Idaho

Idaho Active Member

Is that because you topped out in 10 seconds instead of the 6 it took for the Saab?
    :D

2. Ace

Ace Well-Known Member

Your present to her? What was it -- Denture Cream?

3. bigpern23

bigpern23 Well-Known Member

No way ... how's she supposed to gum me with those dentures in! :-X

By older woman, I meant 34. I was 25.

4. Mystery_Meat

Mystery_Meat Guest

Last edited by a moderator: Dec 15, 2014
  5. Idaho

Idaho Active Member

the key word, rough, is 'We.'

Unless you're Donald Trump making $50k purchases -- even if as a gift -- alone and without consultation is a bad move, IMO.

Now if hints were dropped that a Lexus with a big red bow on it is what you want for Christmas that changes things -- assuming you can afford it.

6. Cansportschick

Cansportschick Active Member

I got a car for my graduation from high school with the red ribbon and all.
    Never got one for Christmas, but this summer I got a car as a gift when the person did not want to use it. This was after I bought a new car.

7. Yawn

Yawn New Member

I remember a car dealer giving to a high school girl I grew up with a TransAm on her 16th birthday, another TA on next Christmas and another TA on her graduation day.

But to answer your question - why of course! Don't you believe in those Lexus commercials?

8. Jim Rockford

Jim Rockford Member

Nope, I never did, but I got this 1970 Firebird at age 18 and everyone called it the Rockford-mobile. Terrible gas mileage but it was fast.

[​IMG]

9. Yawn

Yawn New Member

I had a 72 Firebird. Ran fast too. Loved it. The axle, the steel frigging axle, cracked - and I didn't hit a thing.

Draft saved Draft deleted