1. Welcome to SportsJournalists.com, a friendly forum for discussing all things sports and journalism.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register for a free account to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Access to private conversations with other members.
    • Fewer ads.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

Do people really get cars for Christmas?

Discussion in 'Anything goes' started by Smasher_Sloan, Nov 27, 2007.

1. My friends, spouse and I had always joked about those car commercials that have the car with the big red bow on them. One time we happened to buy a car around Christmas, not as a present but it just happened to be around Christmas. The dealership was pretty cool and let my spouse bring the car home with a big red bow on it and then let us return the bow to them later, because it turns out those big red bows cost around $200. So we had a loaner bow. :D

2. Smasher_Sloan

Smasher_Sloan Active Member

You could sell that to a hockey fan at a sweet price.

Last edited by a moderator: Dec 15, 2014
  3. i look at pictures

i look at pictures New Member

I wonder where they get bows that big.

4. audreyld

audreyld Guest

I got a car for my birthday once, red bow and all.

5. Sxysprtswrtr

Sxysprtswrtr Active Member

That's pretty cool. Were you surprised though, or did you go and pick it out, etc.?

6. audreyld

audreyld Guest

Totally surprised. Had been out of the country for a week, and out of town for three.

7. beefncheddar

beefncheddar Guest

No, people do not get cars for Christmas. In fact, hardly anybody buys cars in December.

Which is why you can ALWAYS get a great deal this time of year ... if you're willing to walk away.

First car I bought with the mustardwife was bought in mid-December. Dealership ended up giving us all kinds of extra shit to close by the end of the year.

8. mike311gd

mike311gd Active Member

That's what happened to this guy I know, Joey. He left for a three-week comedy tour and his roommates totally redid his room, moving it from the alcove into the basement. At first, he was pissed off, but everything worked out well in the end.

9. Mayfly

Mayfly Active Member

Cut. It. Out.

10. Steak Snabler

Steak Snabler Well-Known Member

Got a new car for Christmas once ... then three weeks later, my dad sat me down and told me he and my mom were getting divorced ... but at least I got a new car ...

11. BYH

BYH Active Member

That commercial is begging for an alternate ending.

"Hey she fuckin hung up on me. Fuck her. This is going back to the dealership. Get in the car son."
    "But dad she'll love..."
    "I SAID GET IN THE FUCKING CAR!"

Oh well maybe on the DVD.

12. Ace

Ace Well-Known Member

True. Some car dealers don't even want to advertise the week before Christmas.

Draft saved Draft deleted