1. Welcome to SportsJournalists.com, a friendly forum for discussing all things sports and journalism.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register for a free account to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Access to private conversations with other members.
    • Fewer ads.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

Do Parents Even Read The Paper?

Discussion in 'Journalism topics only' started by Pete Incaviglia, May 16, 2008.

1. rtse11

rtse11 Well-Known Member

Stories on D1 signees, briefs/roundups on sub-D1. Just too many.

2. fremont

fremont Member

A big roundup, led with the big-school kids, maybe a quote or two from them, followed by everyone else. I say that would be sufficient.

We did have one year where one school had 11 D-I football kids signing. In an unusual case like that I might see sending a writer, but that's rare.

3. mike311gd

mike311gd Active Member

And I misspell all their names out of spite.

4. fremont

fremont Member

"Yeah, I misspelled your kid's name. Take that.
    "Bitches!"

5. mike311gd

mike311gd Active Member

You sure that's the reason?

6. Smallpotatoes

Smallpotatoes Well-Known Member

One reason why it's all the more important to get these things right is that to many people when we make a mistake, it's never just a mistake. They think there's some agenda behind it or at the very least you're thinking "Aw fuck it, it's only girls swimming." or something like that.

7. NISB35

NISB35 New Member

Are there statistics of the # of parent complaints anywhere on the Internet? I'd like to see something like that. It seems to me the complaints have gone up, but by how much over a certain period and what for?

8. Tom Petty

Tom Petty Guest

you ask a valid question.

9. Tom Petty

Tom Petty Guest

such a great post lost in the difficulty of quoting another human being.

Draft saved Draft deleted