1. Welcome to SportsJournalists.com, a friendly forum for discussing all things sports and journalism.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register for a free account to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Access to private conversations with other members.
    • Fewer ads.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

Do Pacino and DeNiro even care anymore?

Discussion in 'Anything goes' started by BigSleeper, Sep 11, 2008.

1. mike311gd

mike311gd Active Member

"I just saw Heat."

2. TrooperBari

TrooperBari Well-Known Member

He wasn't. Rickman played Metatron, the Voice of God. Ben Affleck and Matt Damon were the bad guys. Severus Snape is debatable, but his role as Judge Turpin in the latest Sweeney Todd adaptation probably counts as villainous.

3. Ben_Hecht

Ben_Hecht Active Member

Both cartoons, now . . .

Working hard? Hardly working.

4. tonysoprano

tonysoprano Member

I'll confess - I get roped in everytime Pacino has a movie. Even if it's basically the same guy. But here's the thing - I do the same with Gene Hackman, Anthony Hopkins, Jason Statham, Bruce Willis and a select few others....

5. Simon_Cowbell

Simon_Cowbell Active Member

Jason Statham... you went all SAT-y on me there.

6. RossLT

RossLT Guest

I am the same way with Pacino, Denzel Washington and Edward Norton.

7. Saw it Friday night and it was nearly as awful as the reviews indicated it would be. A good twist helps out (even though you can figure it out about 20 minutes in). Plus this: Carla. Gugino's. Breasts.

8. Herbert Anchovy

Herbert Anchovy Active Member

Oldman played Mason Verger unbilled in Hannibal. Might not be the villain everyone remembers, but he's the real scumbucket in the book.

Draft saved Draft deleted