1. Welcome to SportsJournalists.com, a friendly forum for discussing all things sports and journalism.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register for a free account to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Access to private conversations with other members.
    • Fewer ads.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

Do Pacino and DeNiro even care anymore?

Discussion in 'Anything goes' started by BigSleeper, Sep 11, 2008.

1. DanOregon

DanOregon Well-Known Member

My dream cast for a movie would be James Woods, Christopher Walken and James Spader playing brothers.

2. Drip

Drip Active Member

Love Walken when he's playing something other than a nut job set on destruction. Spader was good when he was younger. Woods hasn't had a decent script since Against All odds,

3. Batman

Batman Well-Known Member

His guest appearances on "Family Guy" and "The Simpsons" have been pretty good.

As for a dream cast, any movie with Steve Buscemi automatically goes up at least one star.

4. Drip

Drip Active Member

He's great with one liners. I always loved the line in Armageddon when he says "Hey, what happened back there, lets forget about it. We're heroes now." I know I butchered it, but it's pretty funny.

5. tonysoprano

tonysoprano Member

Saw "Righteous Kill" this afternoon.

Not bad. It's definitely one you can wait for on DVD. I enjoyed Pacino and DeNiro together. They play off each other really well. Is it anywhere near "Heat"? Nowhere close, but still enjoyable. The storyline's not too complex, either. Oh, and Carla Gugino was a very nice touch.

6. Joe Williams

Joe Williams Well-Known Member

I liked everything about "Heat" except the ending. Thought the shootout as the planes flew overhead was a big anti-climax. Till that scene, four stars.

Everything I hear about "Righteous Kill" gives me a chance at being pleasantly surprised. Because the reviews are lowering my expectations to Bulgarian women's hockey team levels.

7. tonysoprano

tonysoprano Member

There's no bells and whistles, but I think that's one of the reasons I liked it.

Pacino and DeNiro do so well together, they make it seem like they've been longtime friends and drinking buddies.

8. Bubbler

Bubbler Well-Known Member

Gary Oldman needs to play a villain again in something. Watched The Professional the other night and he was definitely the greatest villain actor of the 1990s.

9. thegrifter

thegrifter Member

I couldn't agree more. Watching those two together, you really get the feel that they were just a couple of old friends.
    Pacino and Deniro were great together, but the movie as a whole was only ok.

10. Uh, Alan Rickman...

11. BigSleeper

BigSleeper Active Member

"Die Hard" was 1988, if that's what you're referring, too. I don't think his turn in that Kevin Coster Robin Hood movie is anything to write home about.

12. He made Robin Hood.. The movie would out and out suck without Rickman.
    Quigley Down Under
    Dogma - though I'm not sure he was a bad guy..

Draft saved Draft deleted