1. Welcome to SportsJournalists.com, a friendly forum for discussing all things sports and journalism.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register for a free account to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Access to private conversations with other members.
    • Fewer ads.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

Do Pacino and DeNiro even care anymore?

Discussion in 'Anything goes' started by BigSleeper, Sep 11, 2008.

1. BigSleeper

BigSleeper Active Member

"Righteous Kill" supposedly sucks. Maybe it was too much to hope for that pairing these two up again would be something special.

2. Beaker

Beaker Active Member

I heard the same. Granted, it would be hard to match "Heat," but I'd still expect a good flick.

3. slappy4428

slappy4428 Active Member

Heat had an outstanding supporting cast, made it work more than the two stars did.

4. heyabbott

heyabbott Well-Known Member

Al Pacino read for Chazz Palminteri's part in The Usual Suspects (1995). Source: Director Bryan Singer, "Pursuing The Usual Suspects" documentary from UK DVD. imdb trivia

5. DanOregon

DanOregon Well-Known Member

It's geting a Blutarsky from Rotten Tomatoes Top Critics. 0.0 percent fresh.

Pacino and DeNiro have been coasting for a while now - what does it say that I was more intrigued that Brian Dennehy was in this movie.

6. Pacino has been playing himself - aka Nicholson syndrome - for years.

De Niro has also slipped mightily in recent years.

I had high hopes for Heat and was veryh disappointed.
    I don't have much hiope for this one, FHIW: Fox News said it had a really good twist.

7. heyabbott

heyabbott Well-Known Member

Watch Pacino as Elizabeth Berkley tells him how much she always wanted to meet him in Any Given Sunday, then watch him deflate as she tells him the price.

8. ArnoldBabar

ArnoldBabar Active Member

Just looked at some early reviews, and they're not pretty. Too bad, I would have liked to see them in a good movie where they spend more time onscreen together than they did in "Heat".

9. imjustagirl

imjustagirl Active Member

Brian Dennehy is still alive? Swear to god, I thought he died last year. Huh.

10. slappy4428

slappy4428 Active Member

His best cop movie was Last of the Finest...

11. Drip

Drip Active Member

I reserve comment until I see it myself. Personally, I'd love to see a flick featuring these great talents: Pacino, Deniro, Hoffman, Nicholson, Denzel Washington, Robin Williams and Jaimie Foxx. Don't think it's going to happen but it's a nice dream.

12. Beaker

Beaker Active Member

That's a quality point. Heat did have a great ensemble of actors.

Draft saved Draft deleted