1. Welcome to SportsJournalists.com, a friendly forum for discussing all things sports and journalism.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register for a free account to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Access to private conversations with other members.
    • Fewer ads.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

Do not RIP, Die Hard

Discussion in 'Sports and News' started by TheSportsPredictor, May 5, 2010.

1. TheSportsPredictor

TheSportsPredictor Well-Known Member

http://www.mtv.com/movies/news/articles/1638454/story.jhtml

2. Mizzougrad96

Mizzougrad96 Active Member

I was very pleasantly surprised by the last one.

They're 3 for 4, the first two were amazing, the third one was mediocre and the fourth one was pretty good. Hopefully, they can go for an R rating this time.

3. Colton

Colton Active Member

Mizzou: The most recent one clicked with me, too. The banter between Willis and the computer geek and also with the ninja babe was good stuff.

Agree on the R rating, too.

4. Mizzougrad96

Mizzougrad96 Active Member

What's interesting about the last one is that in order to get it made they had to do it on the cheap and it had to be PG-13.

I'm guessing they won't have as many problems getting the fifth one made.

5. bigpern23

bigpern23 Well-Known Member

Agreed on your last point, Mizzou, and as far as the series being 3 for 4. However, I have object (strenuously object! as Demi Moore might say) that the first two were amazing and the third was mediocre. Die Hard with a Vengeance was miles better than Die Hard 2 (the original, clearly, is a cut above). Die hard 2 (not directed by John McTiernan) was completely awful.

And, after Live Free or Die Hard, I'm definitely in for a fifth one. Willis hasn't lost anything off his fastball as far as action flicks go (unlike, say Schwarzenegger with or Stallone with Rambo). They really should go for an R rating though ... as enjoyable as LFODH was, I found myself a few times saying, This pretty fun, but it would be awesome if it was an R.

6. JackReacher

JackReacher Well-Known Member

Great AFGM pull.

7. bigpern23

bigpern23 Well-Known Member

Thank you, sir ... I couldn't decide if it was a memorable enough quote on its own to go without attribution to Demi. :D

Last edited by a moderator: Jan 1, 2015
Draft saved Draft deleted