1. Welcome to SportsJournalists.com, a friendly forum for discussing all things sports and journalism.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register for a free account to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Access to private conversations with other members.
    • Fewer ads.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

Do not get naked in your kitchen ... you will get arrested

Discussion in 'Anything goes' started by Gator, Oct 22, 2009.

1. Drip

Drip Active Member

No court will convict him of lewd behavior in his home. However, I would sue the tattle-taled bitch for trespassing and would win.

2. Gator

Gator Well-Known Member

Is this kid's school bus stop in this guy's backyard? If not, there's no reason to be there. And I agree that the police are just as dumb for actually arresting this guy, but then again, they're probably just covering their asses. This does give me a pretty good excuse, though, the next time I'm caught peeping.

3. lmcmillan33

lmcmillan33 Member

We had a police report one time of someone walking by (on a sidewalk, not trespassing) a home or an apartment or something and noticing a woman masturbating. She completely denied it when an officer visited and he just told her to be careful of leaving her curtains open. That's probably the better way to handle it. It obviously was nothing intentional. Of course, the police in this case say he wanted to be seen, which just sounds absurd.

4. Ace

Ace Well-Known Member

I guess I am in trouble because I like my coffee black -- and naked.

5. outofplace

outofplace Well-Known Member

I'm not sure it is absurd, but I would like to know what they are basing that claim on. Right now, it seems like they are just trying to cover their asses (pun intended) after arresting the guy for what seems like no good reason.

6. lmcmillan33

lmcmillan33 Member

I guess I don't know the specifics, so maybe absurd isn't the right word. But you're right. There is no evidence presented that the guys intentionally as trying to expose himself. The facts provided make it hard to believe.

7. Bodie_Broadus

Bodie_Broadus Active Member

"Want me to stir it for you?"

8. You mean other than the fact that cops said it appeared the guy was trying to expose himself?
    Why is it so hard for people to believe police - more often than not - have a good reason for arresting someone?
    It would have been a hell of a lot easier for the cops to give the guy a warning and walk away.
    Yeah, on the face of it there is no way this guy should be arrested.
    I'm sure there is more to this story, maybe past history... but I guarantee there is/was something (i.e. a good reason) that led the cops to arrest the guy.

9. Buck

Buck Well-Known Member

What's Dino Ciccarelli's take on this?

10. lmcmillan33

lmcmillan33 Member

The problem is none of it is presented. Either the police didn't offer an explanation as to what caused them to believe that or the writer didn't, but from what is given, we don't know why they felt that way.

11. Ace

Ace Well-Known Member

Maybe they hadn't reached their pervert quota.

12. outofplace

outofplace Well-Known Member

That was my first instinct, but I'm wondering if the question of how they know that was even asked. It should be.

Draft saved Draft deleted