1. Welcome to SportsJournalists.com, a friendly forum for discussing all things sports and journalism.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register for a free account to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Access to private conversations with other members.
    • Fewer ads.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

Do I want this teeny weeny iPod?

Discussion in 'Anything goes' started by 21, Aug 4, 2009.

1. Shoeless Joe

Shoeless Joe Active Member

I second everything folks have said about the square one. I got one last week for my wife for her birthday. They must be closing it out. I got it for $45 at Walmart.

2. 21

21 Well-Known Member

I knew you guys would know. Going tomorrow to get the little green one. The new one looks like something I'd find in the bottom of my bag, forget it was an iPod, and throw it out.

3. MrWrite

MrWrite Member

You can get a Sansa clip cheaper, and I love mine. It's tiny like the ipod shuffle but still has a screen. Got it for 16 bucks during a wootoff, but i think they're still pretty cheap in non-woot settings.

4. dieditor

dieditor Member

Second that on a Nano. My SE just bought one -- for a hundred bucks more than a shuffle you get 8 times the space and a screen. The thing is smaller than a stack of business cards, so it wouldn't be too difficult when working out.

5. Big Circus

Big Circus Well-Known Member

The one problem with that is the memory - don't Nanos and regular iPods have some moving parts? The shuffles have flash memory, IIRC, meaning there's pretty much no chance you'll break it by jostling it around, i.e. running. I've never heard of anyone's regular iPod doing that, but I have heard it as a worst-case scenario.

6. 2muchcoffeeman

2muchcoffeeman Well-Known Member

iPod Nanos have flash memory. So does the iPod Touch.

7. slappy4428

slappy4428 Active Member

hey 21... take a look at Woot...

8. 2muchcoffeeman

2muchcoffeeman Well-Known Member

That deserves to be made fun of — maybe even more so than the Woot guys are already making fun of it. :D

9. CM Punk

CM Punk Guest

Good choice on the second-generation iPod shuffle. The new one ... it just seems that too much can go wrong with it in terms of losing/breaking the headphones with controls. Also, it's just too small. I use my wife's old Shuffle (got a Nano from dad last birthday) when I do yard work. Works just as well, and I don't have to fuck up my Classic.

10. JR

JR Well-Known Member

You could just have Boom lug this around while you work out.

[​IMG]

Last edited by a moderator: Dec 15, 2014
Draft saved Draft deleted