1. Welcome to SportsJournalists.com, a friendly forum for discussing all things sports and journalism.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register for a free account to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Access to private conversations with other members.
    • Fewer ads.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

Do I have to pay for ringtones?

Discussion in 'Anything goes' started by shotglass, Jan 29, 2008.

1. imjustagirl2

imjustagirl2 New Member

At least this time you admitted you were on a soapbox. It's a nice change from your normal preaching.

2. Trey Beamon

Trey Beamon Active Member

Amen, brother.

3. shotglass

shotglass Guest

Nah. I was the same way once. But that ship's sailed. So I'm going to have what I like popping up now.

4. mike311gd

mike311gd Active Member

I despised ringtones, too. But thanks to that site IJAG showed us a while ago, I've got 22 of them. And they're fantastic.

5. Barsuk

Barsuk Active Member

Gotta side with Mr. Bags on this one. On the rare occasions I leave the house and forget to put my phone on vibrate, I feel ashamed if it rings. So obnoxious.

6. PCLoadLetter

PCLoadLetter Well-Known Member

Does the chocolate have an option to connect to your computer and upload an mp3 as a ringtone? I have a Motorola Rizr and I can just create the ringtone through a USB cable.

7. 2muchcoffeeman

2muchcoffeeman Well-Known Member

Dude ain't wrong.

Preach on, Brother Three Bags!

8. shotglass

shotglass Guest

I've got the USB cable, but no, I don't see that option.

I've created two ringtones at Mobile17 using my own MP3s, though. Now, I'm waiting for them to arrive.

9. mike311gd

mike311gd Active Member

It's worth the wait. I usually get a wake-up text message at 3:30 a.m., though. It's not worth that.

10. forever_town

forever_town Well-Known Member

I like the unobtrusive rings that sound like, you know, a fucking LANDLINE.

All those newfangled ringtones and shit are fucking annoying. If I had to listen to a former roommate's cell phone ring one more time I'd throw his phone into traffic.

Though my dad's ringtone is kinda cool: It's King Juan Carlos saying "Por que no te callas" to Hugo Chavez. It's especially fitting when my grandmother calls him for the 18th time that day. ::)

11. shotglass

shotglass Guest

Well, if I hadn't wanted musical ringtones before this thread, I sure as hell would want 'em now.

12. dreunc1542

dreunc1542 Active Member

I'm with the either put it on vibrate or have a normal ring crowd. I almost exclusively keep mine on vibrate unless I'm pretty far away from it.

Draft saved Draft deleted