1. Welcome to SportsJournalists.com, a friendly forum for discussing all things sports and journalism.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register for a free account to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Access to private conversations with other members.
    • Fewer ads.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

Do I have to pay for ringtones?

Discussion in 'Anything goes' started by shotglass, Jan 29, 2008.

1. shotglass

shotglass Guest

I got my new Verizon Chocolate today, and I want to get some custom ringtones for certain people on my list.

Do I have to buy them through Verizon, or is there someplace else I can get them? And if so, how do I go about getting them on my phone?

2. mike311gd

mike311gd Active Member

From IJAG a while ago: http://www.mobile17.com/login/.

It's really easy to use and only takes a few minutes -- or hours, depending if you want to shell over a dollar. I don't.

3. Rosie

Rosie Active Member

I've never heard of this site. It says it's totally free. So where's the dollar come in?

(I'm thinking this may be an option for Rosebud.)

4. Gutter

Gutter Well-Known Member

The dollar comes in if you want the ringtone immediately ... otherwise it takes a few hours. I'm not sure there's anyone out there who needs a ringtone immediately.

I was able to upload this as a ringtone....

5. imjustagirl2

imjustagirl2 New Member

Yeah, the dollar is for immediacy. I pay it, because it's 1/3 the price I'm paying anywhere else and I can get it and KNOW I have it. I did the free one one time and it took six hours and I STILL didn't have the ringtone. So fuck that. It's a buck.

6. shotglass

shotglass Guest

The Mobile17 looks like what I need ... but there's no Verizon option there.

7. Trey Beamon

Trey Beamon Active Member

Not to get all spnited, but I've never understood the appeal of ringtones.

When my phone rings, it sounds like, well, a phone ringing. What, do you folks ignore the call if your favorite song isn't playing? :D

8. imjustagirl2

imjustagirl2 New Member

Yes. And I mock the person calling if they haven't earned a ring tone. :)

And shottie, that's terrible news since I just signed up with Verizon yesterday. Crap!

9. mike311gd

mike311gd Active Member

I'm not sure where you're looking, but when I created an account, it asked me which phone I used. It had the Verizon LG option then.

10. mike311gd

mike311gd Active Member

My phone plays "I'm so excited. I'm so excited. I'm so ... scared. Ah. ..." That's right. I stood in front of the television and played back Jessie Spano's scene seven times to get it right. Then I converted it into a tone. I rule.

I didn't even think to look on YouTube.

11. imjustagirl2

imjustagirl2 New Member

Yeah, Mike's right. I just changed mine to Verizon and my Voyager, and had no problem.

12. Trey Beamon

Trey Beamon Active Member

I'll give you some props for pulling that off, pathetic as it was.

Draft saved Draft deleted