1. Welcome to SportsJournalists.com, a friendly forum for discussing all things sports and journalism.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register for a free account to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Access to private conversations with other members.
    • Fewer ads.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

Do girls like being called cute?

Discussion in 'Anything goes' started by Clever username, Feb 16, 2008.

1. jakewriter82

jakewriter82 Active Member

Amen, thank you, Rosie. If only everyone thought that, the world would be a better place!

At the same time I've found that some girls find it uncomfortable when I've called her "beautiful", like it's too big of compliment for her.

2. Clever username

Clever username Active Member

I've encountered that too. Bizarre.

3. FWIW, I agree that adorable sounds creepy but also completely subscribe to the cute-hot theory. Give me a cute-hot woman and I'd be happy.

4. Rosie

Rosie Active Member

Honestly, this thread is the first time I've ever heard about this.

Just say thank you and move on.

5. Clever username

All right, I'll keep adorable to myself from now on.

6. Bob Slydell

Bob Slydell Active Member

What's wrong with cute? Cute's adorable. I tell my wife she's cute all the time.

Now, if you tell a girls she's cute like a puppy, there might be some issues.

And age definitely plays a part, too.

7. Actually had a discussion about this with some friends the other night. The guy kept referring to the girl he likes as "cute" and the girls we were with said that was the wrong way to go. They agreed beautiful would be the best way to go, but one of them said they hated to be called beautiful. Not sure if they felt it was too big for them or what, but she just didn't like it.

I guess the moral of the story is be careful how you word your compliments fellas.

8. Girls who like you don't care what you call them. They just want you to call them.

9. Sam Mills 51

Sam Mills 51 Well-Known Member

Or don't word them at all. I'd almost rather be blasted for being oblivious - story of my life, anyway - than be blasted worse for using the wrong type of compliment.

10. Trouser_Buddah

Trouser_Buddah Active Member

In my opinion, if you meet the right woman, you'll find occasion to use every word referenced to in this thread.

For example, the woman I have been seeing for the past month...

At times I find her incredibly hot and sexy... last week when we went out to dinner I found her stunningly beautiful... sometimes when we're lying in bed together joking around and enjoying each other's company, she's terribly cute... and when I find her wrapped up in a moment of vulnerability, she can be quite adorable...

11. Clever username

That right there just about sums it up for me.

12. end of thread. Great answer.

Draft saved Draft deleted