1. Welcome to SportsJournalists.com, a friendly forum for discussing all things sports and journalism.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register for a free account to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Access to private conversations with other members.
    • Fewer ads.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

Do-Everything Managing Editor, Moses Lake, Wash.

Discussion in 'Journalism Jobs' started by I Should Coco, Sep 26, 2019.

1. I Should Coco

I Should Coco Well-Known Member

OK, this isn't a "sports journalism" job per se, but they want someone who can do everything, including write about, photograph and lay out sports news.

JournalismJobs.com - Job Listing - Managing Editor

I'm posting this link as a public service, and here's what I find notable about it:

1. It might be the longest J-Jobs ad I've ever read.

2. It never mentions the town where the "Columbia Basin Herald" is located (the answer is Moses Lake, and if you've ever visited or driven through there, you'll understand why they keep the location a secret)

3. The $45,000 salary is laughable for everything they want this person to do. If you know a few things about the paper and situation they're in, it's "roll on the floor" laughing.

If anyone applies for this and ends up visiting the newsroom for an interview (doubtful, because they're way too cheap to bring in candidates for an in-person chat), squint and take a hard look above the doorway.

You'll see a familiar warning: ABANDON HOPE ALL YE WHO ENTER HERE.

Draft saved Draft deleted