1. Welcome to SportsJournalists.com, a friendly forum for discussing all things sports and journalism.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register for a free account to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Access to private conversations with other members.
    • Fewer ads.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

DMN Web-Only Coverage for Mavs Home Game

Discussion in 'Journalism topics only' started by Armchair_QB, May 12, 2009.

1. Armchair_QB

Armchair_QB Well-Known Member

Not sure if this is the right thread for this but when I picked up the DMN today they had no game story on last night's HOME Mavericks playoff game. I realize it started a little late but it strikes me as ridiculous they couldn't get anything in the paper about it other than a picture from the first half.

I'm not an NBA fan but that strikes me as pretty fucking stupid.

2. Some Guy

Some Guy Active Member

Are you looking at the metro edition or the state edition?

3. Armchair_QB

I thought it was the metro edition. If it's not then the DMN changed the edition of the paper they're delivering to my house.

I don't live in a suburb but I'm closer to the AAC than somebody living in Frisco.

4. Some Guy

Some Guy Active Member

Oh, I'm too far away to get either edition, so I'm not sure what either looks like. I was just curious if at least the metro edition got Mavs coverage in.

If not. Wow. That is doubly bad.

5. dargan

dargan Active Member

Maybe it was covered by McMahon's BLOG! instead.

6. Armchair_QB

What time did the game start last night?

7. SockPuppet

SockPuppet Active Member

I think the game was over around 11:30 p.m. CT, maybe a little later than that.

8. Some Guy

Some Guy Active Member

Our deadline is 11:15. So, had we been covering this game, we would have updated on the fly. Which means quite a bit of our papers would have gone out without game coverage.

So, I don't feel comfortable casting stones. There but for the grace of God.

9. Editude

Editude Active Member

In my flyover days, the paper would be completely remade between editions for late playoff games. And those editions didn't fall in their usual window; it was just when we could get the wrap done and delivered to as many readers as possible.

10. Some Guy

Some Guy Active Member

We only have one edition now. And it has to go out half an hour earlier than the old second edition. Did I forget to mention that?

11. For a home game, I would think the metro edition deadline would be extended a little bit.

Of course, I'm not surprised.

12. Game ended about 11:50 local time, IIRC.

Draft saved Draft deleted