1. Welcome to SportsJournalists.com, a friendly forum for discussing all things sports and journalism.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register for a free account to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Access to private conversations with other members.
    • Fewer ads.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

DM Register in trouble for publishing school security map

Discussion in 'Journalism topics only' started by IHateSpringSports2013, Mar 30, 2013.

1. They took it down after about 20 minutes of angry phone calls, but they published a map on their website that detailed which schools have police or security presence.....and which schools do not.

http://www.foxnews.com/us/2013/03/28/newspaper-under-fire-for-publishing-interactive-map-iowa-school-lacking/

2. wicked

wicked Well-Known Member

Gannett papers: We have no backbone.

Between this and the mess in Westchester, wow.

3. baddecision

baddecision Member

Sometimes I wonder if newspaper managers are actively scheming to destroy the business as part of some wacked-out Illuminati plot. Then I think back to my last boss and I remember, no, it's just that they're egomaniacal duncewhistles.

4. Versatile

Versatile Active Member

The sad part is it sounds as though there was a lot of good journalism involved in addressing school safety. But that has been overshadowed by this poorly conceived map idea.

Draft saved Draft deleted